so today is my birthday

littleflowerpot

the 13th, i mean. and after not hearing a word from him since almost a month ago when he emailed that he was going to call me on a sunday early afternoon and to please be home to receive his call and then NOT calling or ever calling or emailing to explain...he emails me for my birthday.

he says "some things you can never forget. happy birthday, my little flower pot."

i don't know if i should respond or even how to respond.

so that's where i'm at.

Wow, well happy birthday. What a jerk. No don't respond. I have found that in my situation it is best to just move on. Its been 2 weeks today and there has been some phone contact, but during those conversations the jerk is still trying to wiggle his way back. So I just broke all communication. You deserve better than that!!! Remember that. I used to be soo naive. There really are alot of pigs out there. But there definately are some good ones. You should focus on that and forget about him. Reverse the situation and imagine yourself doing that to someone. You wouldn't really love that person would you? You probably couldn't even imagine being like that to someone. I know I couldn't. That way of thinking is working a little for me, but it still hurts. Go treat yourself to something really nice for your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday!

Another MM screaming victim.......... Like he is absolutely helpless about the whole thing. His hands are tied and he is being forced to llive his life this way. But his love for you continues - "the poor guy" Dont't you just feel sorry for him because he can't help how he feels.

No response necessary little flower pot.

Nothing has changed.

We all wish you that next year will be a better one for you.

• Author
littleflowerpot
Originally posted by cheeks

Wow, well happy birthday. What a jerk. No don't respond. I have found that in my situation it is best to just move on. Its been 2 weeks today and there has been some phone contact, but during those conversations the jerk is still trying to wiggle his way back. So I just broke all communication. You deserve better than that!!! Remember that. I used to be soo naive. There really are alot of pigs out there. But there definately are some good ones. You should focus on that and forget about him. Reverse the situation and imagine yourself doing that to someone. You wouldn't really love that person would you? You probably couldn't even imagine being like that to someone. I know I couldn't. That way of thinking is working a little for me, but it still hurts. Go treat yourself to something really nice for your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday!

thank you. i can't say he's a real jerk though. basically, he's a nice guy and we both got into something that was a big mistake. it's been emotional for both of us. but yeah, i need to move on.

• Author
littleflowerpot
Originally posted by leilab

Another MM screaming victim.......... Like he is absolutely helpless about the whole thing. His hands are tied and he is being forced to llive his life this way. But his love for you continues - "the poor guy" Dont't you just feel sorry for him because he can't help how he feels.

No response necessary little flower pot.

Nothing has changed.

We all wish you that next year will be a better one for you.

this makes a lot of sense. as i just said, he is basically a nice guy and i think it kills him that he found out that he's not as nice a guy as he thought he was.

for the longest time, i've been beating the hell out of myself over this. then, because i was so tired, i had to start to let some of it go. every little thing that happened felt like it was my fault and it became exhausting. now i'm trying to resign myself to knowing that he was and is a good person that made mistakes and those mistakes can hurt people. i did the same thing. now i've gotta let it go.

yes, next year should be better.

and thank you fayebelle and naive!

• Author
littleflowerpot
Originally posted by jw32802

little flower pot

Is that your picture?

yes

NICE.... YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL YOUR EX MUST BE CRAZY :) AND HAPPY BELATED B-DAY

GOOD LUCK!

Happy B-day to you too. My guy promised dinner, a day out and more. The only thing I got was a Happy B-day three days after it passed. What a fool am I. I waited all day today, he said he got jammed up at work always an excuse. This is why they say an affair is unfullfilling. I get madder every day and more resentful. Hopefully I will get some courage to leave soon...

• Author
littleflowerpot
Originally posted by tinamarie

Happy B-day to you too. My guy promised dinner, a day out and more. The only thing I got was a Happy B-day three days after it passed. What a fool am I. I waited all day today, he said he got jammed up at work always an excuse. This is why they say an affair is unfullfilling. I get madder every day and more resentful. Hopefully I will get some courage to leave soon...

i can't judge you but i do think you deserve better. we all do. happy birthday, honey.

and thank you, kansan! :love:

Originally posted by littleflowerpot

i can't judge you but i do think you deserve better. we all do. happy birthday, honey.

and thank you, kansan! :love:

Happy Birthday Littleflowerpot and Tinamarie! Wish you both all the best. :bunny: