Talking to another woman... says it was just flirtation

Hi. I have been married for almost 5 years and have two small children. I caught my husband talking to another woman on his cell phone and through email for a few months. I caught him when I saw an email from this woman that disturbed me. It was very flirtatious... she basically said 'call me we haven't talked in a while' and he responded back saying 'we need to make your dream a reality, haahaa'... So I realized this woman must be telling him she's having dreams about him... her work number was on the email so I called her...

At first she acted as if she didn't know him and then she fessed up. She said she knew he was married and had met him when he was out networking one evening with some of his colleagues in a bar. He gave her his card and she called him, because they know a mutual friend. They struck up a flirtatious relationship over the phone. She said she never saw him outside the bar since the night they met but that they did talk over the phone. She said it was flirty but innocent, she knew he was married....

So, to make a long story short I confronted him with the phone records of them talking a few times/ day, not every day but very often. They didn't talk for long periods of time maybe a few minutes at a time, but there were several text messages all the time going back and forth.

This enrages me... I've given up a part of my life to stay home with our kids and he's out flirting with women having a good ole' time. He admitted that this was a huge 'ego' thing with him and that he wasn't interested in this person, just boosting his ego a bit... He says he's all bark, no bite. I think its a bunch of bull... I am the one that stopped their relationship,,,, who knows how far this could have gone if I didn't find out....

Phone records indicate he hasn't talked to her since I caught him.... He says he was starting to feel guilty about this and that he had stopped talking to her for a few weeks when she emailed him (thats the email that I found)....

He says he's totally attracted to me, our sex life is good from my standpoint, he tells me he thinks it's good... he says he's in love with me and that he'd never cheat???? SO WHY TALK LIKE THIS WITH THIS WOMAN???

This is the same woman a few weeks before I caught him there was a text message on his phone from her that said 'Hey you always playing hooky from work playin golf huh?' He responded back to her saying 'Your the hooker'...

Calling another woman a hooker??? I said this is inappropriate and he agreed...

He agrees with me and says he's sorry... says he needs to grow up a bit... I agreed with him, but part of me doesn't trust his judgement.... He says he'll make it up to me but honestly after finding out he's been talking with this girl I feel disgusted by him. I'm WAY too good for this I think.

what should I do????

fcr