Update, it’s been a while

Well I finally did it! I kicked him out. Shortly after my last update I was feeling overwhelmed with living in the same home separated and felt powerless to change it due to financial concerns. I had suspicions that he was in contact with MOW still and felt disrespected further by him continuing this while still living with his family.

He was talking to her, which was confirmed by the strangest source but I believe it as this person saw them having coffee at work.

I insisted that he move, he didn’t want to but I threatened to divorce him on the grounds of infidelity and name the MOW, which would be public record. I also explained that our kids and I did nothing to break our family and so we should not be punished by having to relocate. He finally agreed reluctantly.

He moved out April 1 and although I am lonely sometimes I don’t regret it. It had to happen, the days of him having everything he wants are over. I gave him two months to find a place and he stayed until the very last day. I’m pretty sure he thought that I would take it back and let him stay but i didn’t.

He is living in a rented room and is miserable. I’ve heard that the MOW is getting a divorce and losing her job in July, but still lives with her husband, so maybe they will be able to ride off into the sunset together after all?

• Like 6

Good for you and your new found freedom. You have a new life ahead of you with new experiences. Let them ride off into the sunset together. Who cares? You're better off now.

• Like 1
  • Author
Good for you and your new found freedom. You have a new life ahead of you with new experiences. Let them ride off into the sunset together. Who cares? You're better off now.

I agree! Thanks

Its been a long road for you but its one you will never forget. You should be proud of yourself for kicking him out. There will come a point in time your just not going to care what he is doing or who he is with. Its still somewhat fresh for you but in time that will change.

Get out and do things for you. The more you do to take your mind off the whole mess the better you will heal.

C

• Like 2
  • Author
Its been a long road for you but its one you will never forget. You should be proud of yourself for kicking him out. There will come a point in time your just not going to care what he is doing or who he is with. Its still somewhat fresh for you but in time that will change.

Get out and do things for you. The more you do to take your mind off the whole mess the better you will heal.

C

Thank you Clay

• 1 month later...

Hi Red, I have had a break from the forum for a while and so am behind the curve on what has been happening. I am happy for you that you finally took the decision to ask your stbxh to move out of the house. Although painful I am sure you will be the better for it and will find happiness and satisfaction as you move ahead in your life. I do hope you have close family to give you the kind support you must need at this time. I am sure you have close friends who have rallied around you to cheer you up. If you are a church going person then the various activities there will help keep your mind off from despondent thoughts and undue sadness.

So here's wishing you all the very best for a brand new life going forward. Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi Red, any updates on your situation? When does your divorce go through? How are you holding up? Have you made new friends and got involved in some refreshing activities to keep your mind from dwelling on things? Any bucket list items you just have to do to satisfy your inner desires? Let us know. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...