Dumb Things WS' Say

ladydesigner

ladydesigner

My WS' explanation for why he didn't tell me that his A went underground:

"Well if I would have ended it with MOW she would have told you about it and I was trying to protect you." :laugh::lmao:

• Like 10
HurtOfGlass

"It didn't mean anything. My love is only for you. I would never have married him"

My reply:

Is IDIOT written on my forehead? What makes you think I would consider marrying you after this?"

• Like 7
My WS' explanation for why he didn't tell me that his A went underground:

"Well if I would have ended it with MOW she would have told you about it and I was trying to protect you." :laugh::lmao:

I can see this fear. but I think it is more self protecting than trying to protect you. There have been people afraid to end an affair becase of the AP exposing. Or just affair protecting.

• Like 2

After being suspicious, I checked the phone of WS and found the smoking gun text. Indisputable proof of a pregnancy. WS says, "Its not what you think. I can explain." WS proceeded to tell me that the AP doesn't understand how babies are made. LOL. Sort of.

• Like 7
WasOtherWoman

Oh, I have a really good one.

After I found out my ex was cheating I was like "did you use a condom"? He replied "of course I did?" I said "well where is it then" (my classless ex actually invited his affair partner to our home while I was out of town.... in my humble opinion, sleeping with my husband is one thing, doing it in MY BED is entirely another. I am very particular about my bed, but I digress).

Anyway, his answer was priceless... "I got rid of it, what did you think I should do with it, hang it on the refrigerator?"

I actually laughed out loud.

• Like 6

"My affair was good for our marriage"

"You should be happy that he is so much like you"

"I never lied to you"

"You didn't want to know"

"You were/are always my top priority"

"I am sure he was faithful to me. I made him promise that before having our affair". (They both were married)

"It's not my fault. You keep blaming me! It just happened". This was a long term affair in which she leased an apartment to be close to him.

• Like 4
autumnnight
I wonder if any wayward spouses cam tell us what they said to there spouses.

I sure wouldn't if I were wayward and posting. Why subject yourself to a stranger's venting by proxy?

I told my husband I did start to "fall in love" with MM but it was born out of my inexperience with casual sex. My husband was glad I was not in an affair bashing him and our marriage and future faking so I don't think it was dumb.

I think most would see asking for an open marriage was dumb. But besides that I never gaslighted or told lies so it takes away from "the dumb things waywards say". I wasn't caught the first time and the second time I just was honest. It helps not having to sort through a web of lies. Even your own.

I know one person who told his wife "you were emotionally distant" when she asked "why".

She had suffered a miscarriage and he knew about it. She became depressed. And he became a KISA to a single mom who had a taste for married men.

"We've got more in common, she likes the X factor "

"You're too good for me "

"It's not fair, can't I have you both "

"I need your help so I can get over him"

"Under other circumstances, you'd like her, she's a lot like you "

All true words from WS's .

• Like 2
autumnnight

Honestly, anything except:

I was terribly wrong, and my choice is 100% my responsibility

is a dumb thing to say

• Like 5
  • Author
ladydesigner

Here's a really dumb one from my WH:

This is after I discovered I had been given an STD...

"Have you been sleeping with someone else?"

• Like 6
BrokenPrincess

I am a WW and two years later, I still cannot get over something that actually came out of my mouth to my xAP during just a routine mid morning video call.

"Everything about 'us' feels so RIGHT, that I forget sometimes that it's even wrong!"

Was I possessed?????

• Like 2
I am a WW and two years later, I still cannot get over something that actually came out of my mouth to my xAP during just a routine mid morning video call.

"Everything about 'us' feels so RIGHT, that I forget sometimes that it's even wrong!"

Was I possessed?????

Yes, we were/are

• Like 2
flowergirl14

My wh said " I've done nothing that I would lose sleep over." Well everyone has to sleep sometime!

• Like 2
gettingstronger

When I told him he was free to go, no strings attached, easiest divorce ever if that's what he wanted he looked hurt and said, you'd give up on us that easily.

• Like 6

omg this is FUN!

"But it WAS 90% friendship!"

"We just lost it a couple of times."

"I was working for her and didn't have any other income."

"It was a group gift." (birthday gifts w/ email receipts: "Love, BH")

"I realized it was getting beyond flirtation." (fondling, bjs, masturbation, etc)

"I realized she was sleeping with other people."

(more than one affair referenced)

• Like 3

STBXH said "I was helping her get out of a bad marriage." blahaha.... I said "Help me get out of mine...." lol

• Like 11

"Finally, I didn't know what else to do. So I brought her home and introduced her to you, so she could see I really did have a wife and child. It worked."

• Like 2

I think I've posted these before, but just a little recap ;-

On DD - "It not like you think it is" - I never believed until then that people actually said that !!

" It wasn't done deliberately to hurt you"

" If you'd met OW under differences circumstances I'm sure you could have been friends"

"I didn't get enough affection" - this was someone who refused sex night after night because he 'had to go to work' the next day (and I didn't ?!) :rolleyes:

"I won't let you divorce me" - oh well, we'll see about that.....

"If we'd had kids I wouldn't have done it" - you knew I didn't want kids when you married me.

"It was a distraction until things got better at home" - If you'd put half as much effort into the marriage as you did into sneaking about and f***ing some slut in our bed, things might've got better.

"If you'd had anything about you, you'd have seen there were problems in the marriage" - the only problem in the marriage, sweetie was you sitting on your lazy @r$e most of the time :rolleyes:

" AP and I don't talk but we communicate" - what? You both do sign language??

"AP and I kept saying how awful it was to have such a wonderful relationship with so much guilt" - but not enough guilt to stop doing it/tell me.

AP says that she won't fight you for me, if we want to make a go of it she keep out of the way" - that's big of her, now she's helped blow up my marriage !

"You were too independent, I couldn't do anything for you" - from someone who was too freaking bone idle to wash up a coffee cup or pick up his dirty clothes without a major argument.

When I asked why he took her to hotels using marital funds - "AP says we need to get away from it all"

(It seems that AP got into his brain and he then had no original thoughts of his own.)

I wish I could turn the clock back" - Yeah, right, and maybe not get caught.

The more of these I hear from others the more I am convinced that somewhere there is a Cheaters Handbook. :D

• Like 7
bobwhite007

Me:"why did you delete all those texts?" Her:"I was protecting you." (Early one morning before day of discovery)Me: " who text you this early?" " Her:" Lyle text me a pic of a sign , I needed the phone number."

• Like 3

Arieswoman,

I got the "under different circumstances you and the OM would be friends" too - really? I don't tend to buddy up to serial cheaters.

I also got the line that the OM was a better communicator than me. Translation, "He told me all of the lies I wanted to hear about myself"

• Like 4