Trusting a trucker....

Kenworth

Anyone else date someone who is over the road? We had the perfect relationship. Hes super nice and very giving. Left the family business to start one for himself and does very well. I had trusted him 110% and... Then he was gone one night and I catch him sending emails to someone in a town he was in. It wasn't someone he knew but a random person on Craigslist. He's done it before but not when hes been with me ( so he says ). The messages were baiting and asking for sex. He offered money and also sent a picture to this person. They didn't persue it but I asked him what would have happened if someone would have shown up. He said hed didn't know but thinks he would have been to chicken.

After a few conversations about it he seems very sorry for not thinking about what he was wrecking. My issue is that I was 9 months pregnant when this happened so leaving him is not the best nor do I want to.

Everything was perfect till then. Now I'm having a hard time not wondering the worst as hes gone again tonight. He called and said he was sleeping and i believe him yet my head runs crazy...

How do you not let it get to you?

This is a tough one as lot lizards are readily available and rampant at truck stops everywhere. They're like high pressure sales people. I used to work at a truck stop and the lot lizards there were cheap and plentiful. No need for craigslist for a cheating trucker to find easy, cheap sex.

• Like 2

Not necessarily suggesting this, but I read about one trucker's wife who decided to accompany him on the rides and found she loved doing it. I think that was in His Need Her Needs (book).

He needs to quit that job. That's how he STARTS to rebuild trust.

Right now you shouldn't believe a word he says and you shouldn't have sex until after an STD screen (and probably the follow-up).

You must know this is the culture for truckers, right? You either resist that or you don't. He didn't. He shouldn't keep this job anymore than an alcoholic should be a bartender.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater
No need for craigslist for a cheating trucker to find easy, cheap sex.

Truckers are on my list of "undate-ables". Truckers, Cops, Musicians, military men. High levels of opportunities to cheat, and most do.

A new game: "Guess What Gorilla is Thinking"

• Like 1

I don't believe the part about him being a chicken. He pursued her pretty hard and luckily for you, it creeped her out. He would have followed through no doubt. Men who are this aggressive are not just chatting online for friendship. They are looking for quick, cheap or free sex. I don't think this is his first rodeo either.

To offer an alternative anecdote, the lady who dated the brother of my best friend's wife solved the 'trucker' problem by getting her CDL and team driving with him. This provided her both the specter of performing CPR on him in the truck when he had a heart attack on the road about a month ago and the opportunity to say she loved him and goodbye to him before he died.

People are people. They're all different. In my profession and as a former racer, I've known a lot of truckers. IME, there is no 'typical' trucker. If they're trustworthy, they are. If not, not.

• Like 1