Engagements to marriages

I Luv the Chariot OH

I Luv the Chariot OH

There are lots of depressing threads in here, so I thought I'd make a happy one! Or at least a neutral one.

How soon into your relationship did you get engaged, and how long were you engaged for before you were married?

Well, seeing as this is a place to talk about love, there is sure to be A LOT of depressing threads here.

I’m not engaged or married yet, but I hope to pop the question one-day, I imagine probably about… 2 years? Maybe sooner, depending on how young I am when said event takes place. :p

We were engaged one month after we met. Married seven months after that. Celebrated 10 year anniversary last June.

we were together 2 years before we got engaged, lived together for one of those years, and we're presently planning our wedding.

There are lots of depressing threads in here, so I thought I'd make a happy one!

Yep! I tough of starting some positive thread myself. But it's no surprise that only sad posts are here: we get here only when we have problems. In public or to our friends we brag how happy we are.

Anyway, I met my wife five years ago, after a year we started living together and got married after two years. Despite some minor glitches, living with my wife is happy and fulfilling.

of friendship I finally asked her out. We were engaged two weeks later and married six weeks after that. We celebrated our ninth anniversary two months ago.

IhavenoFREAKINclue

We were together for about 6 months before he asked me to marry him. Living together 3 months after we met. We got engaged in october and were getting married in July. I don't think everything should be by the book if it feels right. I know that i will have a perfect life with him and I am NOT letting this one go! Everyone is telling me "You don't know him" Blah Blah Blah. i do tho. Him and I have the kind of relationship where we were completly comfortable with eachother almost as soon as we met. We don't fight or argue (which some say is unhealthy) We just get a long that great where neither one of us have a complaint.

Congratulations, Clue! Just be careful in thinking that you "just know you'll have a perfect life." That's quite a high expectation and no offense, but a tad unrealistic.

I do wish you the best and don't mean to offend. Just don't want to see you set yourselves up for disappointment.

• Author
I Luv the Chariot OH

Wow Curmudgeon, that sounds like the sort of story you see in movies.

TC, good luck planning your wedding.

Congratulations everyone! I love reading stuff like this.

Wow Curmudgeon, that sounds like the sort of story you see in movies.

I think movies last longer than our engagement did. :lmao:

What can I say? We fell in love on our first date. Scared the hell out of both of us!