ok. i've been dating this girl for about 1.5 months. i have dated around and had a serious relationship. but this girl is different in the way i feel around her. i am almost definate she is the one. when has enough time passed before proposing.

1 1/2 months.....take it easy ...How old are you guys?(you sound very young). that is not nearly enough time to think about marriage. Or you kidding me!! :eek:

It's not a question of time but one of feelings. I believe that when it comes to something as serious as marriage, giving yourself time is the best way of knowing whether your feelings are lasting. Afterall, feelings can diminish as quickly as they develop. Nevertheless that wont be the case for everyone, some people really do 'just know' and so can make a committment for life more readily. So only you can determine what will be the right time to propose and whenever that is - best of luck!

bluechocolate
1 1/2 months.....take it easy ...How old are you guys?(you sound very young). that is not nearly enough time to think about marriage.

BUTAFLY is right. In my opinion it's not even enough time to reach a decision about dating exclusively!

You still have a lot to learn about each other & you'll discover that when the infatuation part of love cools down.

Besides, you start talking love & marriage to her so soon & she may just run away. Keep your feelings in check & just enjoy yourself for the time being.

its really wonderful that you think she is the one. my FH and i started talking about marriage after 3 months of being in a relationship- however we had known each other for 8 years and now over 2 years later we decided to get engaged. some people say we made this decision too soon as well.

i think you should wait a little bit and then talk to her just to make sure youre on the same page... that you both want a future and stuff.. i suggest talking with her about marriage way before you get engaged too. see what her thoughts and expectations are and get to know her. these things take time.

best of luck.