who has found "the one"

I believe that I have found "the one" that I always wanted. I have been married for 5 years now. I never could ever get tired of looking at my wife. She does not look like she did when we met and neither do I for that matter but her beauty does not change in my eyes.. she is gorgeous and is that way directly out of bed in the morning, you know, naturally pretty.. Although her after 9pm mood after staying at home with the kids is not ideal sometimes, it is none the less cute and tolerable. Her heart is so pure and kind and never would want to harm anything. She is completely committed to me and I've never doubted that once. She is an amazing lover when she is in the mood. She is clean and neat. She is a fantastic mother. She loves me!

We don't agree on some issues but the relationship would be boring if we were exactly alike. We don't get along sometimes but the problem is solved rather quickly as we have never found anything that one of us wasn't willing to compromise to suit the needs.

Why do you ask? Have you found "the one" and what does it mean to you?

Silly

jen_jen_heartbroken
I believe that I have found "the one" that I always wanted. I have been married for 5 years now. I never could ever get tired of looking at my wife. She does not look like she did when we met and neither do I for that matter but her beauty does not change in my eyes.. she is gorgeous and is that way directly out of bed in the morning, you know, naturally pretty.. Although her after 9pm mood after staying at home with the kids is not ideal sometimes, it is none the less cute and tolerable. Her heart is so pure and kind and never would want to harm anything. She is completely committed to me and I've never doubted that once. She is an amazing lover when she is in the mood. She is clean and neat. She is a fantastic mother. She loves me!

We don't agree on some issues but the relationship would be boring if we were exactly alike. We don't get along sometimes but the problem is solved rather quickly as we have never found anything that one of us wasn't willing to compromise to suit the needs.

Silly

Wow. That is so beautiful. I think I'm gonna cry. I wish all men adored their wives the way you do. She sounds like a great lady, and a lucky one too.

silly wabbit ... trix are for kids! *sorry, that commercial popped in my head when I saw your handle. But welcome to the Shack!

the "One" ~

I thought I'd found him in college, this incredibly sexy psychology student who had (in his words) a slutty smile, who was great in bed and who made me feel incredibly good. Long story short, he ran off with his best friend's wife, and I mourned him for the longest time.

meanwhile I met Mr. Q, who was a guest at the hotel I worked at. We dated a couple of times, but that didn't work out; he left on a new job assignment and I didn't see him for about 15 months. He seemed interested, but I wasn't sure about him because of how things ended. But after I graduated from college and quit working at the hotel, we started dating in earnest that whole summer. By September, he had a new contract back in Florida, where he was living, and I figured that was prolly the end of that, though I did write him often for the next year or so, even when he went to work in Saudi Arabia just before the first Gulf War broke out. He came to the States every six months and would send plane fare for me to come meet him in Las Vegas. The last time he flew home, he came to me in San Antonio and we drove to Vegas together talking about marriage along the way. We ended up going to Dallas, then Alabama (where his family is from) after visiting Las Vegas, and eloped.

can I call him "the one"? Idealistically, no, because he wasn't the one I'd longed for, though I did care deeply for him and our relationship was pretty real (as opposed to some idealized concept of a relationship). However, I know now that he's the person I'm meant to be with thanks to Divine intervention, because when I think about that guy from college, the one I was so ga-ga over, I realize that I couldn't have experienced a fraction of the happiness I have with my husband even as we've battled some not-so-good stuff in our relationship.

I believe that every relationship gone bad is preparing you for that one you're meant to have, that even if your mind tells you "He or she is the one," you ultimately end up with the person you are meant to love for good.

I have no doubt in my mind that I have found 'the one'. What does it mean to me? It means going to bed every night with a smile on my face, and waking up every morning with the same smile because of who is lying next to me. I never feel like I'm "missing" anything by being married to him, there is no one out there in my eyes who could compare to him. It also means always being happy to be in each other's company, but ok with it when we are apart for the day. No jealousy, no possesiveness, no distrust. Sometimes, after the kids go to school, he'll ask me to come back to bed, just to be near me.

I was married before and it was nothing like this..I'm glad I finally found the one for me.

so many posts are about love gone wrong, mismatches, abuse, hearts ripped out etc, it's so great to read of bliss and true love. i hope lots of people reply to this one. it is inspiring just to read these stories. maybe one day i will be able to contribute my own.

I think I may have found the one. She is just a beautiful person and both the inside and out and I need to realize that before I ruin it. Who would have though it would with a woman 15 years my senior. What's so great is that we actually enjoy spending time with each other. We look forward to coming home to each other. She even looks great when she first wakes up in the morning.

Silly

That is so amazing that you look at your wife like that .. Some men would say that wife is a bitch and nagg!! Great to see that your wife can have some quirks and you still love and are devoted to her!!

I believe I have met ‘the one’!

It’s been a long, hard road of learning to get there though!

Finally I have met some one who is everything I longed for in a partner and a million things I never knew I wanted. He is wonderful, kind, funny, gentle, handsome, loving, intelligent, strong… the list goes on. :love: He makes me wake in the morning with a smile, and go to bed with a smile! I still gaze at him in amazement that we have found each other, and a love like ours. He gives me everything I need, and so much love each day. He accepts me (in the words of Bridget Jones..) ‘exactly as I am’. He doesn’t want to change me, or mold me. He loves me for my weaknesses and my strengths, my good points and bad. He respects me, and treats me wonderfully. For us the days, weeks, and months flow past in a blur of happy days. We don’t argue or fight. When stresses hit us, we talk about things until we are both happy. We are able to share our inner most thoughts and concerns and receive the reassurance we need from each other. When I think about the happiness I have found, my eyes prick with tears of joy. I never thought it could happen to me… that I could meet someone who seems, almost made for me. We are made for each other.. brought to each other. I love him completely. :love:

portableversion

as if there could be only 'one.'

There are 7 billion people in this world. There could be lots of 'ones'

What is important is that the one you are with right now is right for you and you are right for him/her

Brittanyjean06

Hey sillyrabbit! just wondering but, what all did it take for you to meet your wife-

meaning did you have heartbreaks- occur??

Hey there Lil honey and Britney,

She knows how I feel about her and I leave notes for her sometimes expressing the same things posted here.

There was only one heartbreak in my life... I did not fit into her life.. she was a gifted girl and was following her dream andthere was not enough room in her life for me. I'll quote Garth Brooks "thank god for unanswered prayers" as I would not be with my wife.

I was a bartender, so it was easy for me to see a lot of girls, and dated plenty. I just never had found a girl that I could feel comfortable with all the time. When I spent time with my wife it felt good all of the time and I had that I'm home feeling, like this is where I am suppose to be, it fit like my favorite jeans, perfect. With other women, I felt I was tested too much, she let me be me... She said she had butterflies and Goosebumps every time she was near me from the very beginning. I trembled when i had sex with her..It didn't take long for us to fall in love.

We met when I was 23, she was 19.. I was a bartender, she was a waitress. I was far from settled in my life and still partied quite a bit. She was just starting to get her life together, going to school, had moved out on her own... I'm sure you remember those days. Actually, a friend of mine was also interested in her when she was hired and I also was extremely attracted to her. She is the quiet type, naturally beautiful but doesn't know it kind a girl. My friend and I decided to let things unfold to see if she was interested in one of us.. Her and I were closing the place together one night and she made a move on me, or at least I think it was a move :-). She said her Washing machine was broken and needed to wash her clothes before work in the morning and wanted to have a couple of beers at my house using my machine.. ;-) Of course I said SURE. We had a couple of beers, washed her clothes and she wanted to stay the night now because she did not want to go home that late.... sneaky , sneaky.. you can imagine the rest of the story.. You might say sluty, but I don't think so... we had a really strong attraction to each other..

hey little kitty- the same question goes for you to!!!

Hey Brittany! :)

I went through much heart ache and hurt to get to where I am today... it was a tough journey. But I'm of the opinion that that's what it's all about. With each relationship you grow and learn what you need from someone in a relationship. You start working out what's right for you and what isn't. I eventually felt it was important that we enjoyed the same things, had the same desires for the future (although these change), had the same morals, the same thoughts about marriage, raising children etc.

I got hurt time and time and time again, went through abusive relationships, unhealthy ones. But as I say... it's all a learning process that eventually allows you to seek out the right person.

Just MHO. :bunny:

Yes, I agree with Little Kitty.

I too have found the one but I have been through hell trying to get there.

My husband is my best friend. He loves me unconditionally and completely.

There is no way to explain what we have but I know I've never had it before and it makes all the suffering worth it.

thegoodhubbie

I totally identify with sillyrabbit. I don't care how many people there are in the world, my wife and I both feel that it is a miracle we found each other and that it was absolutely meant to be. We fit each other so perfectly in so many ways, but we have just enough differences to keep it interesting. Our early lives even followed similar paths, (living in the same places, similar life experiences, etc). She is selfless to a fault, thoughtful, kind, loving, affectionate and SMOKIN' HOT.

Sometimes just the thought of her smile, or the sly way she looks at me makes me want to run home and make passionate love to her. :bunny: We talk several times a day and never hang up without saying I love you. We have been married going on 4 years now and our love is stronger than ever. :love: :love: :love: That is not to say we don't have the occasional argument or do some annoying little thing to bug the other, but 95% of the time it is amazingly good.

Had you asked me two years ago, I would have said yes!, with absolute confidence. Obviously, I was wrong, since my divorce will be final in a month. When we met, i had that instant chemistry, thought it was fate, thought he was my soul mate, felt very safe in the relationship, I loved him unconditionally, felt he loved me too, felt we were honest with each other. What I'm realizing now, we werent. We lied. We ignored a lot of problems, and grew apart. That was how we felt when we first met, but we stopped feeling that way during the course of the relationship and ignored it.

I believe that every relationship gone bad is preparing you for that one you're meant to have, that even if your mind tells you "He or she is the one," you ultimately end up with the person you are meant to love for good.

Gosh, I hope so. Cos at the moment, I really feel that I should not be in a relationship. And it's just not the anger or bitterness speaking, because those are fading in time. But I keep thinking to myself rationally, why get into a relationship? I cant trust my own mind. I made so many excuses for everything, and I still do. I thought I was in love, I thought he was in love. But if I look back, he wasnt. Why did i convince myself of that lie? Why didnt i see it? How can i see it in the future? I cant trust my own head. Why bother? I will never ever know if what someone is telling me is the truth. I will never ever know if I'm truely making someone else happy. None of it is worth it. Although lonely, I can be content alone. Atleast I will know if I'm lying to myself. And I dont need to make anyone else happy. I dont have to try. Relationships are too much work.

There is one thing, its true of society in general, but moreover of relationships and this thing is criminally overlooked, continually sidelined and notabley unmentioned. The thing is kindness. A little plain, a little simple, oh? and did i hear obvious? Not obvious, clearly not. Now this is where many folks, forgivably so, get in a big old muddle. You see, we are not talking overblown romantic gestures, we are not talking those attention drawing extras. which gain praise and noteriaety. No. You see there is running a bath, with candles and rose pettles and all sorts of crazy smelly stuff, just about an hour before bed time after a lazy day, knowing full well there is no need to get up in the morning and not much else needs doing and the bathroom has already been cleaned and its big enough for two and there is a damned sexy movie on cos you already looked it up, and basically its a means to an end cos you are gonna get some and a big old ego polish in the mean time for been so romantic, pa! And then.......there is running a bath, even if your knackered, cos she will be home from her shift in ten minutes, and **** yes the football is on, but i can miss this bit to go and do it, cos she will want to get straight in cos her feet will hurt, yea and i better put the kettle on and i wonder if she has clean pjamas out, i will go look while i am up there, god maybe we can go straight to bed and just sleep cos we could both do to catch up......i'm knackered, but i hate it when she works late shifts, funny on my own....just want a cuddle. When you know he thinks the latter. Thats the one.

Brittanyjean06

well than i can't wait to finally meet the one- but im so young im still a baby- i still have alot more to go through AHHH

Unfortunately it took me 45 years to find her then another five years to realize the gift she is but she's the one who enhances my life, brings out the best in me and gives me joy.

I was previously married to another for 25 years and it was a mistake. Two years after the divorce I finally asked my wife out. We were married two months later and that was going on 10 years ago. She was my best friend then and is my best friend now. That's what makes her the one.