I have been with my BF for 9 months. i cheated on him but we got thourght all that. He tells me every day he loves me and wants to marry me i have wanted to marry him for a long time. i want to ask him to marry me. and wait two years before we get married. how would i go about asking him?. or is it to soon for all that?

• Author

Im 18, but i have known him for 10 years we live together, i love him more and more everyday. we have gone thorgh more than most married people have, and i want to be with him forever.

Fair enough, but just wait. You've got tons and tons of time left. While getting married a few years from now, you will still get to experience all the joys that come with it. If you get married/engaged now, you will miss all the joys that come with being a teenager and in a relationship without all the added pressure that marriage/engagement brings. If it is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be there a few years from now. Enjoy what you've got.

I say wait till your at least 21 and be sure that your past doesn't get brought back up again..as far as you cheating make sure that it is truly forgiven. Also you are pretty young even if you have been with this guy for a long time. You might want to really make sure it's right, I mean you already felt compelled to cheat.

Infidelity is something that never truly goes away. It will come back to haunt you in the future. Don't get married at 18 regardless though. Your emotions and horomones are running high right now. You won't fully mature until you're well into your 20's, though you can't see that now. You have one more stage of youth to go through yet. That's why I highly recommend college dorm life first, or even the military. You need a few years on your own. Young marriages are generally short marriages. It takes a lot of maturity to handle monogamy. Trust me, maturity is boring. Don't rush towards it.

Way too soon, hun. You've been together for 9 months, already went through a cheating chapter and everything ... don't fast forward to marriage. Give this relationship a bit more time. If you want to marry him, this means you're planning to still be with him in 2 years anyway; so wait until then. If you make it that far, you'll know it works for sure.

Your too young, regardless of what you think your feeling now. Like someone else said.. if it is "forever" then waiting 2 years is nothing...

As far as the cheating thing goes... sorry but it will absolutly puke up on you in the future.. or he will do the same and expect you to forgive him on a "sorry". Think about it.