Working Christian wives

Hi, I’m engaged and I’m a pretty friendly person who works but men constantly flirt with me even though I wear my ring and tell them I’m engaged. My fiancé and I work in the same area and he gets angry if I’m laughing with my coworkers who are male even though it is totally innocent. How do I avoid this situation?

Well, you can either sit at your desk and not talk with or laugh either anybody else at work... or, you can tell your boyfriend not to worry and not cater to his jealous insecurity.

If you have good boundaries, don’t behave inappropriately with other men, and have given him no reason not to trust you - there shouldn’t be a problem...

• Like 1

You get your FI to recognize that the world is made up of 2 genders & that it's OK to interact with colleagues at work, even laughing.

I presume you & your FI belong to the same church & are planning a church wedding? Get your minister to give you some premarital counseling & get the minister to set your FI straight about above board human interaction.

• Like 1

What's your definition of flirting? Because just joking and laughing with coworkers is not usually considered flirting. Hard to say if your fiancee is just being insecure or if you are encouraging some inappropriate flirting. I know you say that you tell these guys you're engaged but sometimes our body language and our facial expressions say more than our words.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

What are they saying when they flirt with you, OP? How are you responding to it? It would be helpful if you first define what flirting means to you.

Also, I can't connect the dots between the title of your thread and the content of your post. How does being Christian factor into this?

• Like 2

Christian is organized religion... what does that have to do with your behavior?

Check your body language - that may be what he’s referring to.

Have you ever cheated on anyone you dated? Do you have a firm/healthy boundary?

IF he’s unnecessarily jealous - reconsider marrying him - you may not be a good match.

• Like 1
BettyDraper

Based on the limited information you have provided, I don't think you should marry this man because he seems irrationally jealous. That said, there could be more to this story.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

If you have a partner who flies off the handle because you get attention from other men and engage with them socially while at work, that would be a red flag.

Is your fiance normally this sensitive? Does he display similar behavior outside the workplace? Is he possessive or controlling in any way?

If you're not doing anything wrong in that you're not actively looking for attention or being inappropriate with these co-workers, then it's your fiance's issue, not yours.

This has nothing to do with being Christian. It's about being a human being.

• Like 1
Lotsgoingon

Strange place, the male workers know you're engaged ... your fiance is there ... and still have guys flirt? ... Really?

• Like 1
Beendaredonedat
Strange place, the male workers know you're engaged ... your fiance is there ... and still have guys flirt? ... Really?

I was thinking the same thing.

major_merrick

In my experience, most male coworkers will flirt until they take you seriously. It was that way at my job. The OP probably just doesn't have a "face that says NO." While I suspect the fiance is overreacting and really ought to be more trusting, he is likely reacting to the fact that the male coworkers keep up the flirting. Two sides to every coin.

There's a difference between laughing/joking and flirting. Sometimes it is a fine line. I'd like to know more details about this one.

• Like 1