LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Wife Anxiety is out of control

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2019, 8:18 AM   #16
Established Member

Well, reading your last post I too worry about your son, her behavior toward you is emotionally abusive. If she directs this kind of behavior toward your child’s, he will be abused by his mother. No child deserves that.
Old 29th March 2019, 11:13 AM   #17

Know your role as a man...

feminity seeks masculinity to stabilize it...she needs a rock that calms her down..she seeking strength and she is finding non. She wants you to ground her, she wants you ground her, she wants to see you calm in the mist of all her anxiety : since as a man you really know that there is nothing to be afraid of, and whatever comes your way, as the man of the house you take care of it.

She will continue doing this, until you demonstrate strength, when she panics about nothing she must see you calm and not bothered, she is famine she can panic and cry for no reason, you are masculine, you remain calm and unshaken since there is nothing to worry about : then and only then can she relax and rest in your masculinity.

You must respond to the latent purpose of her behaviors and drama, she is testing your strength as a man, to be able to protect her and ground her, and you are failing repeatedly.

The moment she complained about the dishes, you should have told her with strong but calm voice; "...since u won't stop nagging, I won't be doing the dishes today, in fact, I won't be doing them for a month.." and if she screams some more, you tell, "...add a another month to that.."

I am so sure of what I am telling you, to the extent that I can confidently tell you that if I was your wife's co-worker it would be very easy for me to have an affair with her.

Get and read, 'The ways of the superior man' by D Deiter
The Revealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 11:23 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabsaque View Post
my hope is for her to change once our baby is born, worked with her father guy got out of alcoholism once she was born.
I say give it about 6 mos after the baby is born. If there’s no significant change by then, leave her. Do not put up with her behavior. For now, let her know she needs to get a handle on herself, and stop coddling her ridiculous demands.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2019, 12:35 PM   #19
Established Member

Sounds like you're a little anxious yourself if you are getting clumsy out of this situation. Have you tried just trying to listen to what she says about where to put stuff in the fridge? There is, after all, kind of a reason to put certain things certain places? I imagine she feels it's creating more work for her and more inconvenience. I still think it's mainly that she's pregnant. Maybe it would reassure her if you called out, "Where do you want the mayonnaise?" once in awhile. Or not. I don't know. Worth a try. Do you feel she's a control freak, perfectionist, or something like that?