LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Wife wears ex husbands wedding ring

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree12Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2019, 7:21 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap1111 View Post
as far as i know she stopped talking to him.

I bet you know a lot less than you think you do.
Old 10th March 2019, 11:45 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnap1111 View Post
(just a little backlog at one point in our marriage it was revealed that she had been secretly talking to her ex-husband without my knowledge for months text message everyday phone calls for hours)
Who gives two hoots about the ring? gingersnap1111, the kind of problems you have don't fit around your finger.

I'd give her one more opportunity to start MC, otherwise my next call would be to a lawyer. You're being had...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11th March 2019, 11:02 AM   #18
Established Member

Sounds like knocking boots with the ex or planning to, sorry for your pain.
Get strong, value yourself.
Believe it.
Old 11th March 2019, 11:13 AM   #19

I appreciate all the advice, The reason they divorced is she said they were unhappy, bickering all the time, the marriage had became bad and they separated while figuring out if they want to divorced and she met me. And when I said I'm a good man I wasn't referring to the fact that I've forgiven her I was referring to the fact that I'm not a guy that deserves it, I've always treated her as the number one person in my life, and I realize I have let myself get ran over.. we moved to Ohio to take care of her dad so for 10 years her family has become my family and I guess I was always afraid that if I divorced her I was going to lose everything. The ex lives in Texas and we live in Ohio he is about to get married so I wasn't worried about the pack if they were together or not it was the fact about the blatant disrespect for our marriage
Old 11th March 2019, 2:02 PM   #20
Established Member

My ex-husband proposed to his girlfriend with a diamond ring. She accepted the proposal, but told him she would rather wear her diamond ring from her previous marriage because it is bigger. That is so blatantly disrespectful and hurtful that I found myself feeling sorry for him!

You've already seen evidence that she'll throw the towel in on her marriage over some bickering. While you might be a good man, she does not treat you like one. I wonder if they would only be "texting" if he lived closer to you.
Old 11th March 2019, 2:28 PM   #21
Established Member

Well, I do think I'd take the ex out of the equation since he is about to get married. Unlikely they did anything more than talk about old times, really, maybe when he let her know he was remarrying.

I still like my idea about getting that ring reset on your dime.
Old 11th March 2019, 2:39 PM   #22
Established Member

Your wife is like a spoiled child - selfish and oblivious to others’ feelings.
Old 19th March 2019, 12:39 PM   #23

Line in the sand time.

Ring goes or she goes.

No need for expensive counselling. Nor any need to probe why she wants to wear the ring.

The ring is a symbol of her previous marriage and her attachment to her ex-husband.

If she tries to tell you that it is just jewelry, then I'd take off your own ring and tell her it's just jewelry.

And then start divorce proceedings.

I'm serious.

That level of disrespect (nice touch than her mom eggs her on with this) deserves a swift and very real response.

And do get rid of the ring. I don't mean steal it from her. But she needs to sell it, donate it, fling it in the ocean--something.
Old 19th March 2019, 1:40 PM   #24
Established Member

Sadly you already have your answer. It's obvious the ring means more than her marriage to you.

Never make someone a priority when you aren't.

She know she means more to you than you mean to her. You've taught her to well. Good luck reversing that
Old 19th March 2019, 1:49 PM   #25
Established Member

not often angry, but...

throw the ring down the john, when she does the washing, she must take the sodding thing off, tbh, OP, you have every right to, so stop being so soft
Old 29th March 2019, 12:59 PM   #26

A woman's behavior with you reveals her mental estimate of you to her...you are not respected yet along loved. the real question is, what is it about you that makes you ignore this, or excuse it and tolerate it...and perpetuating the cycle of her disrespect for you further.

The root of her behavior is screaming : he won't leave me, and he won't do anything about the way I treat him..she knows this, her mother knows this..except you..you are security and a plan B/C, her plan A was her ex, or another guy she hopes to find in the near future..

Not holding a woman accountable for her wrong and disrespectful deeds doesn't make you a good man, it just makes you 'a nice guy'. You didn't have a strong and masculine presence in your childhood....this toxic model you accept as normal in a relationship was modeled for you in your childhood..

Be assertive, tell her what u want and stick to it...be the man u know u can be..the man she secretly wants you to be...a man she can respect..
Closed Thread