Define a good husband after 20 yrs of marriage

Wallysbears

Didn't you just do a post similar to this? *My mistake it wasn't you.

There is another thread here somewhere with defining a good marriage...let me see if i can find the link for you

Wallysbears
  • Author

Thanks for the advise Actually I am more interrested to know what does women expect from their spouses , which might give me a hint if I need to improve my self more or no matter what I do it will not be enough to satisfy her , because right now I am so down that I feel failure....

georgia girl

Sometimes, Zous, it’s your partner - not you. - who needs to do better. If you feel like a failure, you guys should talk calmly and openly about how you can both be happy.

What does my husband do? He laughs with me, seeks out my opinion and my desires. Cheers me on. Helps me make our house a home in so many little ways. He shares his day with me and is genuinely interested in my day. He encourages me. He is patient, thoughtful and caring. In essence, he is a mature, honest and fun partner.

One of the things we did - and we married later in life so perhaps we more insightful then - was we each defined what a fulfilling, meaningful relationship would look like. Neither of us needed the other - we were financially independent, each had solid family and friend support and we couldn’t have kids, even if we wanted. So, if we were going to get married, it had to be for something that was going to fulfill both of us. I can honestly say, marriage has far exceeded my expectations. I sincerely hope you and your wife get there.

• Like 1