LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

Thank you husband

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2019, 1:34 PM   #1
Established Member

Thank you husband

Dear Husband,

Thank you for being the antithesis of so much I read here.

For being true, faithful, hard working, an equal partner, a man with a healthy sexual appetite...but that also isnít a jerk if Iíve had a tough day and am just not in the mood one night.

For being someone that doesnít expect me to be wearing heels and makeup everyday...and grabs my ass when I wear yoga pants. But also pulls out chairs, open car doors and tells me Iím the most gorgeous woman in the room when I *do* put on makeup and a LBD for a night away.

Not sure how I got so lucky...but d*mn I am.

Love you to the moon and back again
Me
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 4:48 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
Iím the most gorgeous woman in the room when I *do* put on makeup and a LBD for a night away.
Since the first Google hit for LBD was Lewy Body Dementia, I kept looking until I found Little Black Dress. Nice!

Quote:
Not sure how I got so lucky...but d*mn I am.
I'd say you're both lucky, but luck is indeed the residue of design...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2019, 9:01 PM   #3
Established Member

What an amazing post! I have to say, I agree with you. There is no substitute for choosing well, is there?
georgia girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 10:25 AM   #4
Established Member

The things you mention are part of the glue that holds a marriage together.

Have you showed this post to your husband? If you did, I bet it would make him smile.
pepperbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 10:31 AM   #5
Established Member

I tell him regularly how much I love and appreciate him.
Old 19th February 2019, 10:36 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
I tell him regularly how much I love and appreciate him.

I bet he feels very lucky to have a wife ( or husband, not sure of your backstory) like you who makes them feel appreciated every day.
pepperbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 10:38 AM   #7
Established Member

I'm a woman so it is wife
Old 19th February 2019, 2:20 PM   #8
Established Member

Well done, Wallysbears. It is nice to see someone who is happy and committed and is getting the same back from their spouse.

I could make the same sort of post about Mrs. Dude Abides. For many years all the lowlife dudes I worked with had a bit of fun at my expense and called me a 'Boy Scout' because I didn't run around with women on the side, smoke, drink and gamble, party hard, stay out late, was responsible with our money, etc etc.

Now, mid-50's, I see that all of them are divorced multiple times, or have had miserable relationships, kids out of wedlock, bankruptcies , can't keep a house in their name, have beater vehicles because they can't qualify for a loan, don't have two cents to rub together, constant drama and trauma to deal with, problems with the Law, etc etc.

So, I will say again that I am quite content to have a wonderful wife , no drama to deal with. Happy to devote all my energy to one woman. Happy to put all my assets, money, life ambitions and hard work on one single person with whom I will grow old and be with until the end. I've never gambled but to use a gambling metaphor, I have put all of what I have on one hand and that is my life with Mrs Dude Abides.

Here is a "high five" from me over to you and Mr. Wallysbears.
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 2:23 PM   #9
Established Member

Right back at you Mr. Dude Abides. It is good to be able to "high five" another couple that operates the way we do.
Old 19th February 2019, 2:28 PM   #10
Established Member

Love your post! Can the rest of us post too?
Old 19th February 2019, 2:29 PM   #11
Established Member

Please do!!!
Old 19th February 2019, 2:31 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
Love your post! Can the rest of us post too?
Elswyth

I guess I was guilty of a thread high-jack ! LOL . Maybe it was for a good cause, and you should too.
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 3:00 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides View Post
Elswyth

I guess I was guilty of a thread high-jack ! LOL . Maybe it was for a good cause, and you should too.

Happy to!

I love how H can be the gentleman that I need in the streets, and the freak that I need in the sheets. It's the best of all possible worlds, and it never gets old.

I love how he prioritizes my happiness and well-being, how he'll give me the comfortable seat, or bring me my favourite food on his way back from work, or spend his day off fixing something in the house that I was having trouble with.

I love how we can enjoy each other in so many ways - all dressed up and out on a date, or just lounging in pyjamas playing games together, or discussing the latest news. I love how we can be best friends AND lovers AND partners working together towards a common goal.

Neither of us is perfect and we've weathered our fair share of storms, but always come out of them stronger.

It's been over 10 years since we were carefree young lovers dating at 21, but often I look at him and feel like nothing has changed. Or rather, that things HAVE changed, but they've only gotten sweeter.

Cheers to happy relationships and happy marriages!
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 10:25 PM   #14
Established Member

Beautiful Elswyth!

Okay, I will go. Despite seeing him in the ICU with 14 broken bones after a freak bicycling accident, he is And was the strongest man I ever met. That he is the first man who ever stood up to me and he did it without raising his voice or being unkind. That even when we were just dating, he drove me to the hospital over an hour away and waited for me as I had surgery to determine if I had
Life-threatening cancer (it was benign).

I love that he puts me first Every. Single. Time. And that after dating many men who had let me down, my husband still has not even remotely disappointed me in nearly 10 years together.

I love that he is intellectually curious but also patient and kind when others need to understand. I love that he makes me laugh every single day and affirms how much I love him in every moment. I love that even the simple things like making dinner can become a date and that he makes the effort for ďsuper niceĒ dates that feel like a mini-vacation.

I love his integrity, his thoughtfulness and his introspection as much as a I love his sexiness, his drive and his sense of humor. I love that he still looks at me like the very first time I was sure he was in love with me and that his eyes still light up when I walk into a room.

I love that we have built a life together of which I am incredibly proud. I love watching him cross the finish line at Ironman to celebrate the guy who recovered from a crash, not the guy who had crashed.

And I love so much that as my mom was dying, he gave her the most beautiful gift. My mom has always said that she didnít have to worry about me anymore because I had finally found the love of my life. My husband bent down, took her hand and told her how much he loved me and that it was okay, he would always take care of me.

I chose well and I know it. I only hope I am half the partner to him that he is to me.
georgia girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 7:40 AM   #15
Established Member

Reading all the posts ,

I happy for you ladies ....

Ouch!
My wife is never happy ....
zouz71 is offline   Reply With Quote