Miserable and don't know how to exit

mountainman214

My wife and I are in our early 30's and have been married for a decade. We have no children.

I have always wanted children and a family. She's dead set against having children or adopting. Our sex life is sparse and boring. I feel unloved, unwanted, and unappreciated. I have grown to resent her. I fantasize about a different life, all day every day.

I don't know how to leave, but I know I must. I am terrified, and just want to know that I'll be okay.

You'll be OK.

You just need to do it man. It begins "we need to talk". Tell her how you feel, not what's "wrong". Most of your issues could probably be overcome with the help of marriage counselling but the children thing can't. If you're dead set on having a family and she's dead set against it, there's nothing you can do except part ways. But, talk to her first!

If you want kids, step one is get away from her. When you embrace that you will be able to act.

Yes change is scary.

I have always wanted children and a family. She's dead set against having children or adopting.

Wouldn't you have had some discussion - and agreement - about this before you got married?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
I have always wanted children and a family. She's dead set against having children or adopting.

This probably should have been discussed before you got married, but that’s obviously a moot point now. If you are truly unhappy, you know what you have to do.