LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships

2 years married hasnt gotten easier

Marriage & Life Partnerships Debunking the old-ball-and-chain stereotype one couple at a time.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2019, 10:55 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdad View Post
Oh this is not going to set well on this board.

He smoked, drank, and I assume gambled previous to marriage. She knew what she was signing up for and now there is fuss he smokes, drinks, gambles and is bad with money? Is it no wonder guys wonder WTH is going on? Next thing wondered is why are women always trying to change a man right after the wedding. Certainly work together an agreeable household budget plan but this talk of divorce, deal breakers and all of that is premature imo.

Hey, stop with the gender generalizations! I agree with you...

I really wonder how common the whole "multiple houses" thing is. I do know a few people who have multiple houses (the whole Crazy Rich Asians thing...), and their lifestyle is not something that a lot of people could stomach. These aren't super-rich people flaunting their riches. They are upper middle class people squeezing away any penny they can find. A friend of mine has 5 houses and refuses to go to any entertainment, balks at the idea of spending $5 on parking, has barely even left his front door his entire life... because he wants to save money for the 6th house.

I really don't think it's fair to marry someone who doesn't agree with this lifestyle and expect them to conform to it. I also don't agree with smoking/gambling, but like you said, she knew what she was getting into.

Obviously, this all assumes that the husband is actually covering expenses just fine, and not digging them into debt and homelessness. Her posts contradict themselves at times.
Old 9th January 2019, 11:01 PM   #17
Established Member

it's only going to get worse, you need to dump this chump

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2019, 11:02 PM   #18
Established Member

You knew what you were getting into when you married this guy, not seeing how you expected it to suddenly and magically change?

That much being said, if you've got buyers remorse then cut your losses. Its not going to get better and it doesn't sound like you can live like this for another 50+ years.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote