Birthday Weekend

So my birthday is coming up and I wanted to plan a small trip for me and my husband, the thing is one of his friends baby shower is the same day of my birthday, so he said I was looking forward to going to my friends baby shower and got kinda mad at me because I requested that we should have a small getaway over the weekend, after he said all his bad comments then he said I would just cancel on my friend and Mail her a gift....guys am I being petty for feeling upset ?

I think having a baby is kind of a big deal and it's bigger than a birthday once you're an adult.

Can't you plan a getaway for the following weekend?

• Like 1

Is it a 'special' big birthday? If not, a close friends baby is more of an occasion.

Unusual for a man to be into a baby shower!?!? Is it his best friend or best friends wife? Do you have any issues with her?? Most baby showers don't really involve men (or is that a cultural thing?)

Can you change your vacation days or is your work not like that?

Is he being passive aggressive saying that you guys should go & post the gift (why not drop it in another day?) or is the type to let it drop & have a great weekend regardless?

How long have you been married? In a lifetime there will be many times that plans clash...maybe communication/compromise needs to be worked on? On the surface this doesn't seem like a big deal. Are there underlying issues that you're not mentioning?

• Like 2
  • Author

Well it's not his bestfriend it's an old friend from J.R high school, she did invited to the baby shower but he said he would rather go by himself being that I wouldn't know nobody at the babyshower, I wish I could do it another time but my job doesn't work like that, if I request vacation at a certain time then I just have too take it.

So my birthday is coming up and I wanted to plan a small trip for me and my husband, the thing is one of his friends baby shower is the same day of my birthday, so he said I was looking forward to going to my friends baby shower and got kinda mad at me because I requested that we should have a small getaway over the weekend, after he said all his bad comments then he said I would just cancel on my friend and Mail her a gift....guys am I being petty for feeling upset ?

Men go to baby showers? Seriously? :sick: Is he actually going sit around and "ooh and ahhhh" at every box of diapers, every rattle, and every bib she unwraps? This is hysterical.

Quite honestly, it sounds like your boyfriend is using this incredibly lame excuse to get out of doing a weekend away for your birthday.

• Like 1

Seems like I am going to be unpopular here but I think it's more important for a husband to celebrate his wife's birthday than play pin the bow on an old preggo friend's belly - a historically all-female tradition.

What's the rest of your relationship like?

• Like 1

And why is going to a baby shower by him self????

Really, this is so odd I don't know what to say.

Spouse comes first, end of story. If not there are more problems then you realize.