Would this make you jealous or angry?

vanhalenfan

*I meant to post this in the marriage section, not infidenlity...oops. If a mod can switch it over there that would be great! Thanks!*

Simply put, would you be upset if your husband liked a boob picture on Facebook? Came across a picture of a woman's boob shot (no face, just boobs and stomach) and he simply liked it. It was kind of off-putting to me (my fiance). It popped up in my own newsfeed "(his name) liked this." I am not friends with the woman but he is through a networking/photography thing.

I strongly dislike FB :rolleyes:

I guess if you're a man and would like to help me out here, switch it up to if your wife liked a pic of some man's package (clothed)...How would you feel about that?

Edited by vanhalenfan
  • Like 1
Moxie Lady

Not clear whether the boob was clothed or bare...

Either way its disrespectful and I would not like it at all.

• Like 3
  • Author
vanhalenfan

It was clothed, but boobage popping out over the top of a skimpy tight tank top.

• Like 1

You could always find a pic of a well hung stud wearing only tight boxers and 'like' it. It will come up on his feed and then when he asks you about it you can set him down and discuss things...like boob pics, etc. You might want to set the attributes so that it wont come up on you mum's or bosses FB page before you do it...

• Like 3

You say he knows her through a photography networking group. Did the photo have artistic merit?

I can't criticise him if it was in the context of photography.

• Like 4
  • Author
vanhalenfan

No nothing artistic about it at all! Very quick selfie-ish. In fact, the post with the pic said something along the lines of "I'm starting over and feeling like a change is coming...Here's a selfie to go with it!!" with a bunch of heart emojii's after. Bad grammar to boot. Basically just a boob selfie.

• Like 1

What lemondrop21 said.

I wouldn't be jealous, but I would make my displeasure felt.

A stern reprimand would be appropriate.

• Like 1

I wouldn't necessarily be jealous, but I would find it in very poor taste.

• Like 4
SammySammy

I would find it to be inappropriate, but I wouldn't be jealous or angry.

I would talk about it with them in private. I don't believe in hashing out disagreements in public. I wouldn't want that done to me, so I wouldn't do it to someone else.

• Like 2
ChickiePops

It's stupid, thoughtless and tacky but it wouldn't be marriage-threatening for me. I'd say something about it to him..I bet he will feel dumb if you do.

• Like 2
Mrs. John Adams

I don't say a whole lot on facebook...but I like a lot of things. In a way I think of it as telling the poster...hey i saw this. Just like I do here on loveshack. It doesn't necessarily mean that I agree with everything the poster said or did.

Sometimes...my adult children or relatives...post something that I might find a bit questionable....

there are a lot of things on facebook that i find questionable.

I don't think "liking" something really MEANS anything.

My husband and I are both on facebook...we both have access to each others accounts.

I cannot imagine...either of us looking at or caring about what the other one "likes".

Now...if your fiances "liking" this photo bothered you...then I do think you should be honest and tell him. Not confrontationally...but as a matter of fact.

I don't think it is worth fighting over...I don't think it is worth being terribly upset over.

Now.....what i am left wondering about is the WHY? Why did his liking this picture upset you? What lies beneath the surface? Was it really the picture? Or is it that he acts out inappropriately in other ways? Do you have fears about this girl that posted the photo?

These issues need to be addressed if any are applicable.

I am a firm believer in boundaries...and it may give you an opportunity to discuss boundaries together....your own boundaries and the boundaries of your partner.

If your fiance...has friends on facebook that make you uncomfortable...he should be willing to unfriend those people.....but what goes one way goes both ways. You should reciprocate.

• Like 2

I don't take anything off of social media seriously all together, unless it's private messages that are questionable....besides that, I don't think it's very personal. Men "like" boobs everyday in real life, of course they're going to like a picture of boobs.

• Like 1