Would you like to brag to your current's ex that they don't know what they're missed?

Maybe some of you have done that. I haven't, but there are times when I am with my wife that I wonder what the heck some other guy didn't see in her to hold onto her. My wife was dumped at her prom, no word of a lie, the guy took off and hung out with his friends at an after party. I would love to tell that guy what I am getting from my wife with quite frequency and that "yes she did grow up into quite a woman."

Anyway, just for fun, anyone felt this way? Or actually DO it?

• Like 1
I would love to tell that guy what I am getting from my wife with quite frequency

Guessing you mean her companionship, cooking skills and investment advice :confused: ???

Mr. Lucky

Felt the opposite many times, but good for you that you have an amazing gal that's perfect for you. You never know what some ex thought and why go there and maybe find he had a different view. Also sometimes women step it up with the right guy - and your that guy.

Lois_Griffin

So you want to brag to some guy - 20 years later - that the girl he ditched on prom night when he was a dumbass 18 year old kid, was the biggest mistake of his life because she's quite the woman and is giving YOU all the sex you want when you want it?

All your posts tend to lean towards wanting to show off your wife to other guys and/or brag to them about her sexual prowess. Can we say "hot wifing?" yes, I thought we could.

The guy from 20 years ago? He couldn't give a rat's ass. Honestly. he couldn't.

• Like 3

No. I have told my abusive exes that they were the trash I practiced on until I found a real man like my husband. :laugh:

Very petty but made me feel better.

Not quite to that extent..but I do like the fact that one of my Exes friends is also my friend and when he saw me after I'd had one of my kids..he said you look fantastic and I can't wait to tell [ex BF name].

I feel I'm with a much more secure guy in every way than I would have been with him ... but that's why you date until you find the right person for you.

As the say.. One man's meat is another man's poison.

I love my wife dearly. After 20 years of marriage, my love grows every day. What I do know though, is that there are a lot of great women out there. The guy who dumped my wife may have a very happy marriage to a great woman.

Lets put it this way...

If some dude came up to me and said, "You remember that girl Lisa that you dated in college and later dumped? I'm married to her and you don't know what you lost!" I'd probably tell him "Good for you, I hope your marriage is going well." Then I'd think NOTHING more about it. I'd keep loving my awesome wife.

But the reality is that you may not like it if you do something like that. If somebody said something like that to me, I'd be tempted to respond with, "oh yeah? Awesome for you! I could never get over all those gangbangs and trains she used to pull."

Honestly, not really.

I say that because the dynamic is so different within relationships. Your wife could be great and wonderful but simply not compatible with the other person.

I happened to run into my long-ago ex and his wife about a year ago. We greeted, a bit of small talk, etc. It never once crossed my mind that I'd let go of a great man. Sure, he's probably a great husband for her. But we weren't a great match together. So no regrets or jealousy on my part whatsoever.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

I can't see this being worthwhile or even realistic with someone either of you dated 20 years ago. I mean, so much changes in that time as do people. It just doesn't seem relevant at all. If it were something more recent, perhaps I can see the appeal otherwise I'm going to agree with Lois Griffin on this one.

• Like 1

Maybe if I was sixteen years old.... Naw. Not even then. No need to antagonize people. Life is hard enough for everyone without some long lost exgf's hubby poking at someone.

It's not quite the same, in that I don't feel like bragging saying "you don't know what you're missing," but if I find someone I'm happy with, I'm THRILLED their ex let them go or things didn't work out, as now I get to be with them. I would joke with my ex that I should send his ex-gf a gift basket and thank her for dumping him LOL. :laugh:

He and I are no longer together, and funnily, they are back together. If she bragged about me not knowing what I was missing though, I'd be like "I do honey, that's why I broke it off with him. But you're welcome ;)." Seriously speaking though, things work out with people or don't for a reason and I just focus on what we have versus worrying about what they had with their ex or seeing it as bragging, as their ex may be completely happy without them and even happier with someone else. As they say, one man's trash is another's treasure. But it's cute that you are so thrilled with your wife that you want to brag. :)

Edited by MissBee