He got married 7 weeks ago; now he's twisting and pulling on his wedding ring?

I went to see him (in a professional manner!) and he started twisting and pulling on his band? I have seen him previously since he married and he didn't behave like this. Could this mean anything?

GorillaTheater
I went to see him (in a professional manner!) and he started twisting and pulling on his band? I have seen him previously since he married and he didn't behave like this. Could this mean anything?

It could mean that he's still getting used to it being on his finger. I never wore rings besides my wedding band, and it took some time to get used to.

What do you want it to mean?

• Like 1

Yes, it does mean something.

Whether he's tugging on his ring, it's turning his finger green, or it's just sitting there not bothering a soul,

it means he chooses to wear a public symbol of his commitment to - and of his desire to be in a relationship with - someone else.

• Author
Yes, it does mean something.

Whether he's tugging on his ring, it's turning his finger green, or it's just sitting there not bothering a soul,

it means he chooses to wear a public symbol of his commitment to - and of his desire to be in a relationship with - someone else.

To clarify, my question is: What might the physical action of moving and removing his wedding ring, while in the presence of another woman, represent (in terms of psychology).

I understand the symbolism of the wedding band, but thank you for your input.

Eczema ? :p

It takes a while to get used to a ring, and even changes in temperature, being bloated or skin irritation can occur from time to time. This can happen over years of wearing the same ring. Heck I switched to a silicone ring for some of my workouts because it was a problem.

Seven weeks is still very early to adjust.

However I suppose the only psychological reason I can see for playing with a ring during a conversation with the opposite sex is to bring attention to it - "I am wearing this wedding ring see me playing with it?" either reminding the other person, or to themselves as they are talking.

• Like 5

Could mean he's a bit nervous. Like women may play with their hair or necklace.

7 weeks is still early days to get used to it. I used to look at my engagement ring a lot when I first got it. I was just really happy... perhaps this man feels the same.

• Like 2
To clarify, my question is: What might the physical action of moving and removing his wedding ring, while in the presence of another woman, represent (in terms of psychology).

It doesn't have the MEAN anything.

Seriously, if someone is new to wearing jewelry - especially all the time - there is a discomfort level that takes some getting used to.

I am a jeweler. I have worn the same vintage (1880) snake ring for over a decade and I fiddle with it all the time.

Stop reading something into a situation where nothing may exist.

• Like 1

It could mean nothing like the others have said. But, if he is attracted to you, he could be nervous, or fiddling with it to remind himself he is married. When a MM first came after me, he'd stand there and talk with a silly grin, tug at his ring, and make whirley bird motions (arms flapping back and forth and around and up and down). I figured him playing with his ring was his reminder he needed to get going. Later, it would come off.

Be safe and pay no attention or wonder why and run fast.

I'd be more concerned about why you believe it does, or should have, any significance for you.

Ignore it, as far as your involvement with him is concerned, it is of absolutely no significance whatsoever.

• Like 3
Mrs. John Adams

I too play with my wedding ring and have for 43 years.....I also play with my mothers ring on my other hand and have for 35 years. I also twist my hair and have since i was born. I am not sure why you think any of this has any special meaning.

I personally think it means nothing.....

How do you know he only does it while in the presence of another woman? Maybe he does it all of the time. Maybe it's a nervous habit or he's not used to wearing it. Maybe he does it to call your attention to the fact that he is married. I feel like you want to hear a specific answer, like maybe he regrets getting married or he's interested in you but you would have to provide more details before we could come to that conclusion.

T-16bullseyeWompRat

Idk, I mean I have fiddled with my ring to call attention to it before. I have no problem going to bars alone for a drink from time to time. I've had ladies sit down next to me and start chatting me up. Which is fine, I just assume they are being friendly. Which in most cases was true. But there were a few times I felt I was being hit on, so I made a show of fiddling with my ring in a conscious effort to ward her off by showing im taken. So that can happen too.

It could be that he is just getting used to it also. It does take time as others have pointed out. Or it could be he will always be a ring fiddler, as some have said they are.

I'm confused. Is "he" your husband, playing with the ring around another woman? Or is "he" someone you have your eye on and he's playing with the ring around you?

FWIW, I wouldn't read anything into it, until he starts taking it off and hiding it.

Gosh, reading this post, I kept thinking, "I fiddle with my rings all the time. I even take them off and leave them on my desk if they're bothering me when I am in a meeting. I would be mortified if someone thought I was doing it because I regretted marrying my husband!"

OP, when you first start wearing wedding rings, they drive you crazy! You are just not used to them yet. So your hand swells, it irritates you finger, etc. please don't read anything into it. It really is that harmless.

I'm confused. Why should that mean anything?

I've been married for five years. Not a long time but I still play with my ring.

Seems this one was a drive-by, thread closed unless the thread starter comes back and wants to post to it, in that case alert on my post and request that it be re-opened.

Thanks all who participated