Loneliness

I feel so lost, I'm so sad and broken-hearted, my heart hurts and I'm overwhelmed with rejection, my pain knows no bounds, life has no joy anymore, all I feel is sad. How can you be married and be alone, how can you have a husband and be alone?

How ? It happens and is not uncommon - feeling alone with a spouse.

The other part is can you make or find bits of joy in your life outside of your husband. This could be though divorce..... or it could be through yourself and others outside of the marriage itself. Kids, community, religion, groups, activities, and therapy.

What is going on specifically to cause pain and sadness for you?

Not uncommon at all.

Marriage and having a spouse does not in any way prevent you from loneliness. Sometimes it even makes it worse if you are being kept away from other friends and family.

When you are single, every day is a new day and you are able to get out and do as you wish. Each new day holds potential for new adventures and new beginnings.

When you are stuck in a bad marriage, you are just simply stuck.

Some of the loneliest times people have had in their lives were while married and had the connection to their spouse.

Come back and tell us more about the specifics of your situation.

No one person, not even a spouse, can meet all of your emotional & social needs.

What other friends & outlets do you have? Find some more to feel fulfilled.

Make an effort to date your spouse again. Take time for each other.