Why do you love your spouse?

MissCongeniality

I love him because he's the opposite of me. I use to find his optimism annoying now he kind of makes me hope for a better future. He's a bright light in my dark world. I also feel compelled to do better because of him.

• Like 2

I loved her for years , hated her for years , and now I am loving her again because she is a good woman , A lovely partner ; and is changing like me to be a better person and looking at other venuses where grass appears greener prooved to me that it is a fake grass.

Eve is Eve wherever you go , the beautiful, lovely creature full of contradictions !

charming , inspiring , when you just know how to trigger her feminism.

• Like 1
I love him because he's the opposite of me.

Mine's quite the opposite to this. I love her because she's the other half of me I never knew was missing until I met her.

• Like 3
GorillaTheater

I'm not eloquent enough to say; some things are beyond words for me. But I've loved her (nearly) every day for 35 years.

• Like 7
Mrs. John Adams

I have loved my spouse for 44 years. From the moment I met him..I knew he was a special guy...even though I was 16 and he was 18. He was shy and I was not...lol. I actually asked him to take me for a ride in his car....and he asked me what kind of music I liked. When he showed up to take me for that ride..he had bought an 8 track tape of my favorite...the carpenters. I should have known then that he would forever put me first.

I love him because he loves me....because he would do anything for me.....he is completely devoted and totally committed to me. His personality is the opposite of mine...but we fit together perfectly. Where I am weak...he is strong.

He is not perfect...but he is perfect for me....and all I want is for us to be together......forever.

• Like 8

I love him for who he is, not for what he gives to me/makes me feel. I love his strength, his brain, his heart, his aptitude and his perseverance. I love how he is with other people, how he loves his kids, his family, his friends. I love him because I find him to be the most fascinating person on this planet and I am always discovering some new nuance to him that I didn't know prior. He is the most interesting person I have ever met.

• Like 2

Overcoming obstacles, challenges, circumstances she gave me a child with out a single reservation or complaint. I know now the joy of unconditional love that comes with a child.

• Like 4

He is smarter than me.

He challenges me.

He is never complacent - about anything.

He knows my *very* checkered past as was never judgmental about it.

He saves lives.

He has a secret, hidden SuperHero cape that pops out whenever is needed.

He is supportive and encouraging of my endeavors; artistic, literary, and musical.

He adores me...

• Like 3
He is smarter than me.

He challenges me.

He is never complacent - about anything.

He knows my *very* checkered past as was never judgmental about it.

He saves lives.

He has a secret, hidden SuperHero cape that pops out whenever is needed.

He is supportive and encouraging of my endeavors; artistic, literary, and musical.

He adores me...

Wow where did you find this guy? Was he custom made for you?

• Like 1

Good question!

I feel love toward him because he is protective, loyal, caring, passionate...all the qualities that ignite those gushy feelings inside of me.

When I'm not feeling particularly loving toward him (one of those days...), I love him because he is a good person deserving of love, and because he loves me when he's not feeling particularly loving toward me, too.

• Like 2

Because....

He loves me

He makes me laugh

He's so very smart

He's very thoughtful

He's easy going

He's open minded

......................But most of all...because he is himself.

• Like 1

he makes me a better person than I am without him

he has such a sweet smile

at night when we snuggle up, he and i fit together like two halves of the same whole

we have seen the darkest parts of one another, and we each shine a light into those shadowy places

we are happy together

• Like 2

He is a wonderful person!! He is a good person, with a good heart. He is smart, thoughtful, and he has always made me the priority in his life. Now that we have a baby he is an amazing father!!

Probably my favorite trait of his is that he thinks very carefully before weighing in on an opinion... most of the time he will not say anything unless asked. I have never heard him speak ill of anyone.

He's a wonderful lover. He hears my wants and needs and works towards them. Our sex life is very fulfilling.

He is frugal. He is not materialistic, and is very practical. He is not easily impressed with cars, houses, boats, although he does love computers. :D

OKOK, he's not all perfect... he is lazy around the house (a hard worker on the job, though). But while I do the dishes or clean the kitchen he is engaging 100% with our baby, giving her all of his attention. He bathes her, changes her diaper, puts her to bed. He is a very active father and he works very hard to provide us a nice, comfortable home. And in the end, he always does what I ask him to do with absolutely no complaints.

He has always made me so proud to be his partner. He is my perfect man. :love: :love::love::love::love:

Edited by Ms. Faust
  • Like 3
Rejected Rosebud

He is the perfect counterpart to me in many ways, he is logical while I am more emotional and intuitive, he is a "doer" while I am full of ideas, he is super fun to talk with and explore all kinds of ideas with; watch movies, read books and listen to music together and then talk about it. He is smart! I respect him, he helps me be accountable for things because I want to hold up my end of our deal and never disappoint him. He is forgiving and patient. I think he truly "gets" me like nobody else in the world. I can trust him and that is not easy for me. He is super cute especially the way his eyes change when he is really engaged or when he is angry (well that's not so cute but I love his eyes), his forearms and hands are very sexy. I love his enthusiasm and how cute he is with his dog. His work ethic. I could go on and on!!!

• Like 1

The list would be too long to mention, but it is for all the right reasons, and all the obvious reasons. She is the only woman I ever would want to be with and wouldn't trade her for anyone. I have just always felt this way.

• Like 2

Because he is the most moral person that I've met to date. I've never known someone who would shoot themselves in the foot so often just to avoid telling a white lie, or even a little half-truth. He's also intelligent in the same way that I am intelligent - he's extremely logical. He's also very handsome, absolutely loves what he does in life, and he has an amazing group of friends who adore him, who are basically our family. He's been friends with some of them since middle school.

He also makes pretty babies, but I didn't find that out till after the fact! ;)

• Like 1
peacefulwifey

He's tenacious. I sit back in awe watching how fearlessly and boldly he navigates the world. Sometimes his strong will is a double-edged sword (like yet another argument about who takes the trash out lol), but for the most part, he uses his powers for good.

I'm in love with his mind. He's an analytical type who solves puzzles for fun. He does beautiful, brilliant things with math and physics. He's passionate about science and technology. At the same time, he's very mentally agile, great with words, a talented musician, AND he can dance! He can go from uber-logical compsci geek to sensitive, creative and deeply thoughtful in a snap.

He really, really makes me feel appreciated. In fact, he brings out the best in me because of how grateful he is for every kind thing I do for him. Even something as simple as bringing him a glass of water makes his face light up. I never get the feeling that he consumes thoughtlessly. This in turn makes me want to give him the world!

He understands and accepts me, doesn't judge me, and doesn't try to change me. I've never felt more comfortable around anyone. Although I take care of myself, I know he wouldn't mind if I gained weight or stopped wearing makeup. He's even encouraged me to embrace a more natural look, and it actually does look better than gobs of makeup and other fakeness. He doesn't compare me to other women, except to tell me that I'm the most beautiful woman in the room. To him, I'm a "10" and that's how he makes me feel.

Of course, there's the superficial. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how stunningly handsome and fit he is. His looks captured my attention, but the other amazingly qualities have kept me around.

• Like 1