Just want to tell someone!

Miss Awesome

I'll be getting married very soon! Like less than two months soon! I'm going to see my mom tomorrow for the first time since we've decided, but I can't tell her yet. I know it's going to be hard to keep to myself because I'm super excited!

It's not that I can't tell her, but he hasn't officially proposed and prefers that I wait to tell her until he does. He'd be totally ok with me telling her, but I know he'd really rather I waited - so that's what I've decided to do. Anyway, like the title says, I just wanted to tell someone!

Thanks for reading!

Oh, and if you'd like to offer any advice about giving family members very short notice about getting married, that would be much appreciated. My mom knows we've been considering it, but she will be shocked to know it's happening so soon. She will think I'm rushing it. Thanks again!

Snakechammah

Congratulations!! Update us on how the wedding goes, ok?

May you have a wonderful lifetime with your soon-to-be-hubby! :bunny:

• Author
Miss Awesome
Congratulations!! Update us on how the wedding goes, ok?

May you have a wonderful lifetime with your soon-to-be-hubby! :bunny:

Thanks!!

No wedding yet. Just going to do it in court. He wants to have a ceremony later so that his family, who aren't local, can be involved.

Thanks again!

What? How the heck can you know you are getting married in two months if he hasn't proposed? That makes no sense. Are you sure you two are on the same page. I would totally talk to your mom about this because it sounds to me like you can use some advice about what wedding planning means & when it should start -- after the proposal.

whichwayisup
Thanks!!

No wedding yet. Just going to do it in court. He wants to have a ceremony later so that his family, who aren't local, can be involved.

Thanks again!

So why not wait and do a wedding with everybody there? What's the rush to get married? Why are you going to court to make it official? People's feelings will be hurt. I'm sure your mom didn't envision you saying your vows in a court house without her, family and friends not there.

• Author
Miss Awesome
What? How the heck can you know you are getting married in two months if he hasn't proposed? That makes no sense. Are you sure you two are on the same page. I would totally talk to your mom about this because it sounds to me like you can use some advice about what wedding planning means & when it should start -- after the proposal.

We're definitely on the same page. It's not going to be a traditional wedding, so there's no traditional wedding planning involved. We're just going to court to do it. We've already decided to get married. I've told him repeatedly that I don't need an engagement ring or a proposal, but he insists.

• Author
Miss Awesome
So why not wait and do a wedding with everybody there? What's the rush to get married? Why are you going to court to make it official? People's feelings will be hurt. I'm sure your mom didn't envision you saying your vows in a court house without her, family and friends not there.

Be careful what you assume. My mom got married in a court, so she won't care. And she is going to be there. I have no interest in a traditional wedding, although he wants a ceremony later so his family can be there, so we'll do that. As for the timing of it, we have our reasons.

If you are both OK with the lack of tradition, that's great but then it doesn't make sense that you can't tell your mom until you get a proposal.

• Author
Miss Awesome
If you are both OK with the lack of tradition, that's great but then it doesn't make sense that you can't tell your mom until you get a proposal.

Maybe you didn't notice the part of my post that said it's not really that I can't tell her. He just told me this morning that I could go ahead and tell her if I wanted. I can just tell that he would prefer I wait - and in fact, that's what I expected to do in the first place. I'm just getting antsy, that's all.

mrs rubble
Be careful what you assume. My mom got married in a court, so she won't care. And she is going to be there. I have no interest in a traditional wedding, although he wants a ceremony later so his family can be there, so we'll do that. As for the timing of it, we have our reasons.

My ex hubby & I were married in the courts we had our reasons too. My family understood but his family never forgave us for it. So be careful what you assume.