So, is this rude? Or am I too sensitive?

I had sinus/nasal surgery 8 days ago. I couldn't breathe and even husband had encouraged me to get procedure because I snored.

Anyway, I had the cast removed from my nose yesterday. I came home, walked in the door and it took him 5 min to look up from his computer. Then, he says in front of our child (who had just said mom you look all better) "boy, you really look different." I said well I'm still swollen. He says "yeah it's pretty bad in your cheeks and your lip too. Wow!"

I was pretty hurt. Then my son jumps in and says yeah I want the old Mom back.

I went to the bedroom and just cried. Maybe I'm too sensitive? Or is that him being a pig? It really hurt me.

So how many more threads about your husband before you do anything about your marriage?

• Like 1
MidwestUSA

Of course it all depends on tone, but I think now you're starting to move into the 'too sensitive' zone. You're going to take anything and everything he says the wrong way.

'Boy, you really look different' is simply an expression of his surprise at the degree of swelling still present. You didn't expect 'hey, you look great!', did you?

Those divorce papers can't move thru the system fast enough.

You cried? Really? Because he commented on swelling from a surgical procedure? You cried?

Oh yes... you're too sensitive. Get a real problem. This isn't one.