Why some men want to be married

BetheButterfly

Father's Day is over, yet to me, everyday is a day I am grateful for my Dad!!! :love:

I have learned so much from him concerning what a great man is. I am grateful that my husband is a great man like my Dad. :love:

Why my Dad wanted to marry my Mom are the following reasons:

1. He loves my Mom. He wanted (and still does) to live the rest of his life with her. He doesn't just say he loves my Mom; he truly does - his love is action and is shown through putting her before himself. Selfless Love.

2. He wanted a family. My Dad has worked so hard to support his family, and I greatly appreciate all the sacrifices he made in order to support my sisters, me, and Mom. My Mom was a homemaker until her youngest left the nest.

3. He wanted to enjoy life with my Mom and their kids (including me), as well as his parents and relatives. My sisters and I have many memories of enjoying hikes, picnics, fishing trips and family get-togethers with my Dad and grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. My Dad loves to sing and play the harmonica, and it was always so much fun being to get together with his side of the family over yummy food and fun singing!

4. My Dad had an awesome and strong family-minded role model: his Dad. Even when Grandma was sick and not doing well in the hospital, my Grandpa was always there for her. He strongly believed in marriage. While he has since passed away, I can still see my Grandpa's strong convictions, jovialness, and love in my Dad.

So, in a nutshell, my Dad wanted marriage with my Mom because he loves her, he wanted a family, he wanted to enjoy time together as a family unit with the rest of the family, and he had a wonderful, family-minded role model that encouraged him to follow in his footsteps.

I see a lot of the same values in my husband.

Not all men are this way. Some men do not want to get married. Others don't see the need for a marriage covenant in order to have a family. However, some men do, though I think they are getting rarer and rarer nowadays, due to various factors.

As it is, I am grateful that my Dad wanted to marry my Mom and has worked so hard in making his marriage work, together with my Mom. I have seen how much he loves her by what he has given up in order to make their relationship a success. I know other men who are like him, and I greatly appreciate men who want to marry because of love and family. They help establish a strong network that helps a healthy community grow, in my opinion.

• Like 4

Well said.

It doesn't bother me if I get married or not. It doesn't bother me either if I don't have kids.

• Like 1
The Like Fairy

SUPER post Butterfly! Thank you for sharing this really wonderful post here for all.