Communication - lock down!!

Well, this weekend hubby and I took a road trip. When your locked in a vehicle for hours together, your bound to talk and really communicate. This was exactly what we needed. 6 hours of non-stop talking, just on the drive part of things. It was GREAT!

Today, H has already been conquering things on his "To do list" to better our relationship. Things he's been putting off for weeks now are finally getting done. AMAZING what a little communication can do for a relationship. I'm so proud of his efforts today and can only pray that he keeps up the work on his end.

Though he's not in the clear - he's proving with his ACTIONS that he wants us to work. This is all I've been asking for. We had a great day together, and it definitely has brought us closer together. I no longer have the feeling of fighting this battle alone. Wish we'd have done this weeks ago!!

That's great!!! But just remember, now that he's showing you he can act on making the relationship better, don't ride on his coat tail.

I'm not saying that you are, but I always try to remind people that it's not a matter of if he's doing his part or if your doing your part. It's a matter of putting in your 100% and him putting in his 100%.

Praise him as much as you can......consistency is what you really need to push for. It only takes 30 days to create a habit, and working on a marriage or a relationship should be a habitual action.

Good Luck!!!

I am so happy to hear that! I went kinda through the same situation - and once hubby and I talked, I started noticing almost right away how he changed little things for us.

When I noticed I said something - like "thanks for doing ...." and once I started praising him - he continued on.

Now we are more happier than we've been in a long time :)

Good luck