Would you let him get another one??

My husband got really angry at his playstation the other day, when it locked up on him right after he'd made it to the next level for the 3rd time. I was sitting on the other sofa, when he stood up, and reared back with his hand like he was going to hit it. Right before he hit it, I yelled out, "You'd better not! You break it, you're not getting another one! We can't afford it!" He then proceeded to hit it really hard. I got up and left the room fuming mad.

It's not the first time he's broken something over that stupid game. He's broken at least 5 controllers, because he's hurled them at the floor whenever he's gotten angry at that game.

He just called me (now three days later) and asked me if I was still planning to go to the mall. I told him that I was, and he asked me to get him a new playstation.

We have the money, but at this point it's the principal of the thing. I feel like I caught him in time for him to stop himself from breaking it, but he did it any way. So do I buy him a new playstation, or do I go home and listen to him run his mouth about me not buying him a new game.

He's like a spoiled brat :mad:

Is this a grown man you're talking about???

I can't believe it!

Let him go buy his own stuff if he's going to break it.

If he were a kid you'd never let him get away with that nonsense.

I agree, you warned him before he broke it but he went ahead and did it anyway. If you buy him another one he will probably do the same thing to it. I think he needs to control his anger, its just a game and there's no need to break things over it. I think you should talk to him about that.

DazednConfused

Get him a See ' n Say from Fisher Price.....

Tell him it's a playstation for preschoolers who haven't enough control for video games yet.

If he can break the thing, at least it won't cost ya 2 bills to replace. Good Luck!

littleflowerpot

get him an etcha-sketch and tell him if he can learn to play nice with it for a month you'll consider a new playstation. that worked with my 13 year-old daughter!

DerangedAngel

:laugh: What kind of games does he play? Maybe he should settle for something easier.

If his Playstation kept "locking up" couldn't he have returned/exchanged it? Beating it helps, yeah (sarcasm). And how the hell is he breaking the controllers? Five of them?

Is this the only thing he gets so frustrated with in your home?

Have you talked to him about it again? I don't think it's exactly the norm for a grown man to get so stressed out over a video game.

He does work, right? If he wants a new Playstation he should go buy his own and you should supervise.

You poor woman. Good luck.

-Deranged

Yeah, buy him a new one.

On principle, you're right. You have the high ground here, your husband's a baby and should learn to be accountable for his actions.

But life's too short to bitch at him. Life's too short to get into money squabbles with the man you love.

littleflowerpot
Originally posted by Mr Spock

I don't think I could take a man seriously if he played video games.......

aren't you ruling out about 95% of the male population?

I'm not sure. I've been fairly fortunate not to get myself involved with men who play video games religiously. Or think wrestling is real. Knock on wood.

Well, I caved. I told him that he could have another one (since we have the money) if he took me out to dinner tomorrow. He said he would, so I went to the mall to get him one (since I was going there any way) but they were sold out :D

I kind of laughed at the fact that my hand was forced :laugh: When I got home, and told him that I didn't get one because they had sold out, I started laughing, because it's just so funny that the poor little baby didn't get his game :laugh: He said, "You're lying...did you hide it outside?" He went outside and looked in my car, and I said, "I seriously didn't get one! They sold out!" He said, "Then why are you laughing!? Where did you hide it!" He wasn't mad, he thought I was playing with him :laugh: It was so funny, yet sad :(

He was like a little kid. He was waiting by the door when I got home, so excited for his game :( He couldn't believe they didn't have any :( He came back in the house, and said, "I was so excited..." I felt bad :(

But then I felt good, because I'm hoping he's learned his lesson :)

P.S. He is really strong, so when he flings the controllers at the floor, they break. One shattered! He's a big child that doesn't know his own strength.

Like dyermaker said, though, I love him, so I'll let this slide. I told him he'd not getting another one though....like he believes me :rolleyes:

I see how alot of people here put your husband down.

at least you know where your husband is....home playing and destroying video games.

Thats a novel way of looking at it. At least he should pay for it out of his own pocket.

And I often get on here, and thank God that my husband is home waiting for me :)

He called me, and asked him to meet me at the mall for lunch...since I had the money for the Playstation *he left it on the counter for me this morning* and when I got there, he said he had something for me.

He'd ordered one of those wax smelly bears for me a couple of weeks ago, and it apparently arrived today. He was so excited to give it to me. He kept asking over and over if I liked it.

Every time he gets me something, he gets so excited about it.

It's charming how much like a happy little boy he seems sometimes :) Other wives that I know sell their husband's playstations, because they "play with them too much"

FORGET THAT! I think it's charming.

Except when he gets mad at that stupid game :mad:

And we lived happily ever after. The end