Pressures of Marraige

Ok, Married folks, we are diong a study in our Sunday School class, I need to know what everyone feels are the pressures of marriage?

Some would say, Financial, Kids, Jobs, things like that, but are there any others out there people tend to not bring up?

Thanks

Moose

RockandStone

I would have to say dealing with the family, both the in-laws and one's own, can definately be a pressure in marriage. :D

I felt enormous pressure to do things for the sake of the marriage. I felt I always had to be willing to give in, to not rock the boat. I felt pressure to always make sure my spouse was happy.

These are unrealistic pressures, I know.

HokeyReligions

*Learning to be selfless

*Learning how to be selfish and not hurt the spouses feelings (I don't want to watch a movie with you, I'd rather go read by myself = I just need some quiet for a while because I'm developing a headache. Is it okay if I go and read? That way you can watch one of your movies and not worry about me not enjoyint it.)

*Making joint decisions - like opening the gifts on christmas eve or chirstmas day

*Making compromises - like opening some gifts on christmas eve and some on christmas day ;)

*Dividing up the chores

*Dispelling unrealistic expectations (he will always remember to put the seat down after I've only told him once. she will always remember to check my pockets thoroughly after she washed my swiss army knife once)

*who scoops the poop in the back yard

*the toilet paper goes over the top of the roll, not out from behind. It does because I'm the only one who puts it on the roll! If you are going to try to be magnanimous and help me without being told, then do it right. Right being my way! (little voice in head saying: NO! if he's willing to do it at all then let him do it backwards, at least the TP is on the roll and not sitting on the sink!) and being able to let it go and not keep thinking about it!

These are all little things that can cause some pressure and stress. (the christmas gift opening schedule caused a MAJOR fight in our family!)

PUHLEEEEZE...

Excellent list, HokeyReligions - I love the poop scoop one (litterbox for my husband and I - well, for the CAT, actually! But isn't it all worth it?

Unrealistic overly-romantic ideas of what marriage is.

Expectations.

• Author

These are all great!!! How do you deal with these pressures? Do you have any vices to take your mind off them, drugs, alcohol, talking, councelling?