Husband best friend hurting my feeling.....

Young Lady 2004

Hi,

Thank you for opening my post...

We are married two years.

I love him very much.

We have one child, a business that we share and it is going great.

Here's the problem:

I don't like his best friend. The guy doesn't like me either, and that's the only thing we agreed on :-)

2 days ago the friend called our business line and left 2 messages (for my husband) that went somethink like this:

"Hi, we missed you last night, and since you can't leave the house like a normal husband" .... blah blah blah.

Message number 2: "I was about to call you at home but it's probably not safe..."

A. I have NOT talked to this person for the longest time, until he called the cell on Friday asked for my husband and I politly told him that he's working (and he was) and that I would tell my husband that he called. That was it.

Those messages above came after that.

My husband was upset after he heard his friend's rather picking a fight messages, and he said that he will talk to him and he won't attend his wedding in Hawaii in July.

However, tonight at 9pm I found out that my husband invited this friend for dinner, he called me afterward.

I feel upset. Why? This guy insallting me and 2 days later I feel like my husband is rewarding him for his acts. They had a talk that according to my husband the friend took it back, he didn't tell me that.

I know it's long but do you think I am wasting my time even respong to all of that? Should I ignore it when it happens next time?

Thanks for "listening"

D.

I'm a firm believer that a husband shouldn't change his friends to accomadate his wifes fickle desires, nor vice versa.

However, this is not some guy you merely don't like--this guy is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Whether or not your husband wants to congregate with an immature prick like this guy is his business, and you shouldn't try to take him out of your life. But what NEEDS to happen is he needs to stop being rude to you.

You are a part of your husband's life, and your husband needs to control his friend that can't respect that. He cannot be disrespectful and insulting to you, he needs to behave like an adult.

Burn the burgers, spit on the rice and throw it all down on the table on some tacky paper plates.

I think they BOTH will get the message!

I don't think you should have to accept someone who is undermining your marriage with his 'bachelor babble'. Things will probably cool down once HE is married...till then though....I'd openly let him know I find him to be a total AssClown!!!