Building a better Marriage--- check this out

In light of HokeyReligions post--that she couldn't believe she was posting--I decided to take a more thorough look at the MarriageBuilders website. I was hoping that maybe I could pick up some information that may help my spouse and I talk to HR and offer appropriate and maybe helpful comfort and/or encouragement to her & her husband.

Wow. Even if you are not having any problems, or not in a relationship---check out the website. Spend some time there and read, read, read. It is excellent information and some good guidelines to follow to improve or rejuvenate a marriage.

Singles would do well to read this too so that they may know more about what they are getting into when they marry and what kinds of pitfalls to watch out for!

Anyway - I'd seen this site referenced here in LS several times and finally went and checked it out. It is definately one that you shouldn't miss.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/index.html

I participated on the Marriage Builders forums last year for a few months.

There were a few good people but alot of bitter women with rotten marriages that hate men.

They would all gang up on me for shooting straight and telling them honestly why I thought there marriages failed.

• Author

I stayed away from the message boards -- the information about love busters and emotional needs, and just the basics I feel is good information. I can see where it might actually help the decision to divorce, and it might help people cope in a marriage that they are not happy in, but I also think that the core information is valuable and valid. I'm sorry that your marriage is not happy one but I admire your willingness to sacrifice your happiness for the sake of your children, but I also hope that someday you will be able to find a way to be happy yourself.

Thanks Errol. It is good stuff. I'm not married yet, but we hope to sometime soon, so this is valuable info.