She wants to be independent

Hello,

My wife and I have been married for three years now. She was 19 and I was 29. We met in the military and things

have been great until the last three months or so. I left for a 3 month deployment and she and a female coworker

started going out. Every since I have retuned it has been different and now we are separated. I tried to talk to her

and ask her what was going on. We were doing good financially and making great accomplishments. She says she liked

the independence she felt when I was away. I guess she is growing up and wants to be free.

I know its normal for a young woman/man to grow up and want to experience things but do you think the relationship was

very strong if in short period of time while I was away she grew out of the relationship. I thought for the life of me we had a solid strong relationship. Guess I was wrong. Any thoughts please. Thanks

CaterpillarGirl

Nineteen is very young to be married, and if she had few relationships or educational experiences prior to your marriage, it is understandable that she might feel that she is "missing out" on life's offerings.

Perhaps she did enter your marriage with a faulty understanding of what a lifetime committment it was, but this does not mean she never loved you.

Ask your wife what goals she has for her own personal development outside of your relationship. It could be that she just wishes to grow as an individual and feels that you would not support or understand this growth. Or it could be that she no longer cares for you, that marriage to you is not a choice she would make given the person that she has become. People change and grow, and some marriages are not flexible or strong enough to handle these changes. Of course, this is not all about your willingness to grow with her, but also about hers to accept you as a partner on her journey.