Move in with ex or keep dating new guy??????

Alright, I would love some advice on my current situation!

Bare with me: I dated (FYI: was head over heels in love with) a man for 3 years on and off (due to his wanting to date other people!?) He was always brutally honest about not wanting to commit at this age (26), and that he needed to focus on his new business he started, he liked me alot, but.... blah, blah, blah....I am really close to his family (they are awesome!) After being at my wits end of being broken up with and called back a million times, I finally broke it off about 4-5 months ago...(trying to keep this short) Sooooo, I meet a great guy (also my age) we have dated for the last 2 1/2 months - having a blast...totally over the ex (FINALLY!!!) however, he is also really busy with his own business - not alot of time for a girlfriend, but gives all his extra time to me so far....and is just a sweet guy! .... and guess what happens???? :rolleyes: The ex comes back in full force ---- says "I am ready, I am sorry, you are "the one" lets move in together....I am sure you can imagine the rest....what in the world am I to do? This is what I wanted soooo bad, and was working for the last few years....do I pick up where we left off???? Do I turn the other cheek and give the new guy a fair chance....Help me with some options please :confused:

I would string him along just like he did you...tell him that you aren't ready for that yet and you need some time. don't give in..give him a taste of his own medicine.

• Author

Thanks....I was kind of thinking that....at the same time I am not sure if I have the energy to do so, its only been 2 weeks since I said "ok" so lets see how it goes after a month....

• 3 weeks later...
ArdeaCandidissima

Jamie31 is right on the money. This is your turning point...when you decide whether you jump when ex-bf says "Jump".

Have you considered sitting on the fence for a bit? There's no reason you can't have a relationship with both of them simultaneously. Enjoy their company, live on your own, keep your freedom and feel your power to be with whomever you want. If one of them just can't live without "exclusive rights" to you, then ask him what he's going to do to make it a good deal for you, e.g. marriage or a serious commitment. If all he gives you is promises, I would ask him to show that he is living by those promises for some time before you take a step closer to him.

It took you some time and no doubt some anguish to get over your ex, so don't throw it all away by rushing back to him.

He did it to you. Now, you do it to him. If he really cared about you as much as he claims he do he would not have ever did you that way in the first place.