successful marriage

I am taking a psycology class. One of the assignments I had to do was to figure out how to have a successful marriage. I was wondering if some of you may want to help me out. What would you say are the key points in a good marriage? Maybe you can help me find some websites that might have some statistics, and stuff like that. I would much appreciate it. :) thanks

Both marriage partners who share, have or observe the following will have happy marriages all the days of their lives:

1. Caring

2. Committment

3. Quality, effective and frequent communication

4. Loyalty/Faithfulness

5. Forgiving attitude/ utilitzation of excellent conflict resolution techniques

6. Financial responsiblity/ sufficient monies to finance the marriage/ agreement on how money is to be spent, saved, and otherwise handled

7. Open mindedness

8. Shared goals

9. Shared views about children/ how many/ how to raise them

10. Shared views about religion or respect for each others spiritual orientation and/or beliefs

11. Respect for each other's individuality

12. Preservation of good grooming and hygiene habits

13. Willingness to give the partner space when needed

14. Selflessness...a generous spirit.

15. Good sense of humor

16. Ability to be flexible...to change as the relationship evolves.

17. Having minimal demands and expectations...being a happy person no matter what

18. Both having expressed in advance what marriage means to them and what they want out of the union

So, now, how many people do you think are happily married....or even know what marriage is all about? You'd be surprised how many people get married not having ever talked about 95 percent of the above. DUH!!!

You might want to look up the Marriage Builders website. They have an interesting take on marriage to do with meeting needs. I think it's got some real good points.

This is a link to the Marriage Builder's site: <URL removed>