Hi, I'm 20 years old and have never been in any other relationship before this one. My boyfriend and I have been together for three years and have been living together for the past two months. For the past several months he has been working ALL THE TIME!!! There are a lot of small problems that have built up and I feel that it has really affected our relationship. I'm in school and I can't shake the feeling that we might be drifting in different directions. I confronted him with this last night and broke it off for the time being. He burst into tears and has promised me he will change and that we can pull it all back together but I don't know that I want to anymore. Can anyone help? I don't know if I still love him enough but I was so happy before. I have nothing else to compare to and I need advice.

he's just working. and it's only been 3 months. did he tell you why he's working so much? is it for overtime to buy something? is it a bad time at work? he said he'd stop. it's not like he's cheating or something, if he loves you, he'll come around.

If he's working a lot because there are special circumstances of a temporary nature that require him to put in the extra hours, you are out of line being pissed about it. When you're in a relationship, you take the bad with the good.

If he is deliberately working late so he can be away from you, that's a different story.

Instead of whining, just talk to him and see how you can compromise on what is most likely a very temporary situation. If you are going to go wacko everytime something doesn't go your way in this deal, he will surely want to dump you anyway.

Be the kind of partner every person dreams of. Have some understanding, don't be so fricken demanding, and talk this out. If nine men can get to the moon and back safely three times, I'm sure there is some way you can get to see more of your boyfriend.