Courtesy you can't get at home...

Man I hate to keep posting today but I am just having a bad day...

The latest is that my H had apparently "been gruff" with this coworker I think he has a thing for...she complained to boss who talked to him. Today he apologized to her and came home and told me about how it was all his fault and he was ungentlemanly toward her blah blah blah.

I didn't say anything, but I was thinking, how nice to have an objective third party on hand to tell him he is wrong. Too bad I don't have that luxury at home. Too bad when he unleashes on me, it is my fault and he is provoked and I'd better look in the mirror. Too bad I never get an apology. Too bad all of his culpability and remorse is reserved for people who shouldn't actually matter all that much.

And I am quite sure that his "gruffness" was negligible compared to the vicious venom spewing nutties I get to enjoy. If he had been in full swing, I imagine they would have done more than ask for an apology.

• Author

I am not sure, but either...

1) I have not yet exhausted every single possibility of recovering it and am hanging my hopes on one last marriage counselor that we both seem to like

2) I am a delusional idiot

3) about 50% of the time he is a pleasure to be around and at my age and circumstance I have to wonder if that is as good as it gets

1) I have not yet exhausted every single possibility of recovering it and am hanging my hopes on one last marriage counselor that we both seem to like

Sounds like you've already made your decision and you're just looking for validation.

If you are, you cover it well :)

3) about 50% of the time he is a pleasure to be around and at my age and circumstance I have to wonder if that is as good as it gets

No reason to live that way.

Keep us posted.

Mr. Lucky

vicious venom spewing nutties

Wow what a description but hey men have a lot of pressure on us and sometimes we don't know how to handle it. Here is the antivenom you deserve every tantalizing delight of amorist. But do me a favor stop use matchmaking sites. While you are still married.

dropdeadlegs

I don't know your age and little about your circumstances (I've got some homework to do) but I can absolutely, positively, unequivocally state that no matter what the answers to those things are, 50% is NOT as good as it gets. Nobody can be a pleasure to be around 100% of the time, but I still know that 95% is achievable.

I won't waste another minute of the half of my life I have left (if I'm lucky enough to live to 85) accepting 50% pleasure and 50% pain. Being alone would have better percentages for me.

Reach for the gold ring.