THE hardest part of an LDR...

Tonight, I have just learned what the hardest part of an LDR actually is. (for me, at least.)

Anyone who has seen my posts knows that I have thought the lack of communication between my boyfriend and I was the worst, that our daily conversations weren't long enough, or that he wasn't paying enough attention. I always thought those were the hardest parts of being in an LDR.

My boyfriend is in the hospital right now, as he possibly broke his knee cap in a bike accident, and it absolutely kills me that I can't be there for him right now, be with him in the hospital. He messed up his leg pretty badly, and he has a condition that thins his blood so he bleeds more than most people. He'll be okay, but he's freaking out (as am I), and all I want is to be there and hold his hand and tell him everything is going to be fine...but I can't. I have no way of getting to him, so far away.

Forget the phone calls. Forget not being able to hang out on weekends. Forget all that. The hardest thing is not being there for him.

It makes me want to pick up and move right now, leave behind school and everything, just so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. :(

leopardprint

BR, I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. :( I hope everything goes alright.

I've been where you are. It's horrible to be so far away and unable to do anything when your significant other is introuble or hurt, whether that be physically or emotionally. You'll realize that both are equally as hard.

When I was in my LDR, my S.O. had surgery in his mouth - routine, actually, to remove some teeth - long story short, it went horribly wrong, and for days he was going back and forth from the E.R. to home and then to the surgent because he was bleeding excessively from mouth AND nose. I felt horrible because I couldn't be there to keep him company or help him out. I was also scared out of my mind when I couldn't speak to him for long periods of time; not knowing if things were getting better or worse.

Then there were emotional times in his life where he felt lost, or hopeless, or just so utterly unhappy. I was there on the phone, as always, trying to help, give advice, and just let him know I was there and cared about him. But at the end of the night, I always had to hang up, instead of being there to hold his hand or hug him or whipe away tears.

You're right - it IS one of thee most hardest parts of an LDR, but over time, you and your S.O. will come to realize that the love and caring you both feel for each other, can reach each other from even thousands of miles away - and it's just as strong and meaningfull if it were right there in front of one another. :)

, but over time, you and your S.O. will come to realize that the love and caring you both feel for each other, can reach each other from even thousands of miles away - and it's just as strong and meaningfull if it were right there in front of one another. :)

Simply... wonderful!

I agree - there is something so much more than comforting about the knowledge that a special someone - wherever they are on this planet - has you in their thoughts, and in their heart.

This revelation once washed over me (in a good way) whilst I was urinating in a public toilet (alone, and in a very posh location). Call me WEIRD (I mean, I can't deny it now that it's in print).

• Author

He called me when he got out of the hospital last night (at about 1am) and seems to be doing alright. We even talked for about 2 hours, as he was wide awake ad hardly in any pain after an injection they gave him. He was bleeding excessively for awhile, because of a condition that leaves him with thin blood, but it wasn't anything out of control. I just spoke to him and he's watching Fantastic Four with a dose of pain killers in him. :p So, in other words, he's doing alright.

Now we're just worried about his job. He's a temp at a factory, and so if he can't work, they'll more than likely just replace him and he'll be out of a job. He's only taking two days off and plans to go back to work on friday. I'm still trying to talk him out of it. He can always get another job, but he only has one leg....er....two...but still.

I'm in the process of drawing a "get well" picture for him. He loves my cartoons usually, and this one will have special effort put into it. :love:

• Author
BohemeRose , write him a letter & get well card & send it him asap :)

I'm drawing him something that I've been working on with almost every spare moment I have. I would usually write a nice letter, but for some reason I'm usually at a loss for words when it comes to him...those who know me personally know how impressive that is, lol.

• Author
BR, I am sorry to hear about the accident. I will send kind thoughts and happy vibes your way ;)

Thanks so much! It's appreciated. :)