Any tips?

Im in an ldr of 1 year and 2 months. I've never seen her but I plan to soon if all goes well.

We had a big fight where we almost broke up due to my gf always accusing me of cheating. I've never cheated and at girst I was able to deal with it but lately it has been going on too often.

Well a couple months ago some dude added her and he started liking all her pics. It didnt bother me since I thought that it was some stalker. I then asked her about him and she said that he was just a ****boi but he didnt do anything yet. I told her to block him and she didnt want to because he didn't do anything.

I didnt mention it again (If she loves me she loves me). Then the dude finally hit her up and she told me. She asked if I she could talk to him just to mess around and I stupidly accepted just because I'd rather see it happen that it happening around my back. The thing is that I got pissed because she then played a videogame with the guy and they were talking through the game. That pissed me off because she wasn't supposed to talk to him in a way that I couldn't see. It wouldn't normally bother me but the guy lives close enough to see her.

I confronted the dude to give him fair warning telling him that she isnt single and he "stopped" for about another month. During that month the dude kept posting thing things signaling me that he would try to hit on her again. Aside from that he told me to **** off out of knowhere like a week later. Then we had the fight that I was talking about in the beginning but we recovered from it.

But when I checked my gf's last post the guy loved her

new profile pic specifically when I need some advice since this is my 1st relationship. Is he her backup in case im gone or was it just pure luck and hes just trying to mess with me?

ExpatInItaly

Unless and until you meet her in person, this isn’t really a relationship. Virtual reality is no competition for real life, offline, and you’re seeing the consequences of putting too many unrealistic expectations on a situation that is untenable.

If you cannot spend time together soon, you would be wise to let this go. She is already on her way out.

• Like 1
Unless and until you meet her in person, this isn’t really a relationship.

This. Absolutely.

My friend, this is not good if your online “girlfriend” that you have never met is accusing you of cheating. It’s also not good if she is telling you that she wants to talk with another man. There is too much drama here - concerning a woman that you have never met and don’t know.

I would let this go. Try to find someone local that you can date - it will be so much more fun and so much less drama...

Doesn't sound like you two have actually met face to face, but if you have dated in person, please correct me.

Long distance, even before internet, was always a failure for the most part. Either party can say they're not cheating, but one of them usually is seeing other people, of not both. I mean, you have to be pretty boring for it to be enough to sit around and just chat with a person instead of meeting them and going and having a life, right? So most people do not take this seriously. I think she enjoys winding you up about it.

I mean, think about it. All you've gone is chat *unless you've dated in person,* and that's the same thing she's doing with other guys online, so don't think you commit to someone you've not dated face to face at least a few times. It becomes just a farce.

HadMeOverABarrel

My tip is if you're serious about her, book a plane ticket and get there fast! See in person what the potential for an IRL relationship is between you. Otherwise, she's gone for good.

Mrs._December

So this is one of those Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Skype/online gaming "romances" between two people who are probably still in school or just fresh out of it, and who have never met and likely never will.

Plus, you have the added drama of some other online person 'liking' her pictures and chatting with her through some video game, so you had to 'mate guard' her - some girl you've never even met - and tell the online interloper to 'back off' or you'd....what? Write bad things about him on Facebook or on the message boards of your online gaming community? Sign him up for a bunch of things so he gets spammed real good?

OMG this is such a fantasy world.

Turn off the computer and step outside into the REAL world and live your life authentically.

My tip is you should only date people you have actually met in real life. Absent having met this person, kissed her, and all the rest, you aren't in a real romantic/sexual relationship.

What is a "****boi"?

Anyway, you didn't say anything about the reasons why she thinks you might be cheating. Maybe pictures of you with other girls? You out drinking with friends? You hugging someone? It could be anything. The fact that you completely skipped any explanation is suspicious to me.

Last but not least, as others have said: she's not your girlfriend by mutual agreement, because that agreemnt can't last too long. She can be your girlfriend after you have met in person and made a conscious decision and commitment to be exclusive with the other person.