LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

LDR with Thia girl

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2019, 1:21 PM   #16

Thank you.
Mrgunner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 1:22 PM   #17
Established Member

You do know you aren't the only foreigner she has going with the same deal ?.. there are others and before long the request for money or objects will start...

IMO....

Be wary about it, if you go ahead with this don't send her any money or Amazon her anything till you can be sure she isn't going to scam you
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 1:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Critic View Post
You do know you aren't the only foreigner she has going with the same deal ?.. there are others and before long the request for money or objects will start...

IMO....

Be wary about it, if you go ahead with this don't send her any money or Amazon her anything till you can be sure she isn't going to scam you

Yeah don't worry. Im not one for spending on a girl I've only spent a week with However do you recommend. I stay exclusive?
Old 15th February 2019, 1:30 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgunner3 View Post
However do you recommend. I stay exclusive?
You have to be good to your word.. whatever that is you have told her...

If you cheat you suck.. that is pretty simple...
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 1:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Critic View Post
You have to be good to your word.. whatever that is you have told her...

If you cheat you suck.. that is pretty simple...
I'm glad you said that. As it seems that most people here recommend I go against my word. I will stay exclusive and assume she does the same until proven otherwise
Old 15th February 2019, 4:28 PM   #21
Established Member

I don't think most people here want you to go against your word, per se, but rather to point out how unrealistic the whole concept of exclusivity is in these circumstances.

You are committing to someone who is virtually a stranger to you, who lives half a world away. It's not exactly a solid foundation.

If you have promised you won't date others, then don't. If you decide to retract that, tell her. Just be careful, because you don't really know what you are signing up for. That would be true for anyone trying to pursue a relationship within the same parameters as yours, regardless of nationality. The fact that she does indeed hail from a country known for relationships/marriages of convenience between local women and Western men gives you even more reason to proceed with caution.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2019, 4:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatInItaly View Post
I don't think most people here want you to go against your word, per se, but rather to point out how unrealistic the whole concept of exclusivity is in these circumstances.

You are committing to someone who is virtually a stranger to you, who lives half a world away. It's not exactly a solid foundation.

If you have promised you won't date others, then don't. If you decide to retract that, tell her. Just be careful, because you don't really know what you are signing up for. That would be true for anyone trying to pursue a relationship within the same parameters as yours, regardless of nationality. The fact that she does indeed hail from a country known for relationships/marriages of convenience between local women and Western men gives you even more reason to proceed with caution.

I will do! Thank you. take it, light so per speak. Anything in particular to look out for?