I think my friend online is catfishing himself

sparkles_80s

I think my online friend is catfishing himself pretending to have a hot older woman chasing him in a group chat but when we bring up about them meeting they 'both' get defensive. They also come online at the same time and alternate. She sends pictures of her expensive things and cars which I find very odd. I am the only female in this chat apart from her. If I flirt or talk to the other guys he gets nasty and jealous.

I just find it odd a hot rich model type who lives very far from him would behave highly interested in a plain poor guy like him right away. Then come online at the same time.

We've all spoke on video calls except for her. So all my friends are legit

ExpatInItaly

What's your question, OP?

You might be right that he's invented her. It sounds very juvenile, whatever the case really is. Just ignore it.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
Sorry I should have wrote a question.

I wanted to know what other people thought

About what, specifically?

• Like 1
If it's possible he is catfishing himself

Anything is possible. If you think he's doing it, then call BS on the whole thing.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
If it's possible he is catfishing himself

Sure, it's possible. If so, it's juvenile and I would just ignore it - as I said in my first post on this thread.

Why does it matter to you?

• Like 1
  • Author
sparkles_80s

Because it's strange behaviour & we're all taking to 'both' of them. I have left the chat & unfriended them both ?

Stop hanging out so much in online chat rooms! If you haven't met someone in person or connected on a real time level, they're not your friend and you don't actually know them.

Well, he sounds awful, so why don't you just stop talking to him? He's trying to make you jealous and he's jealous and doesn't even really know you. I'm assuming you've never dated. Correct me if I'm wrong. There is no reason this woman would be into him, so he's doing this thinking it will make you want him or getting back at you.

It sounds unhealthy and no good can come of it, so why not just block him and stay away from that chat.