I know this is ridiculous but...

Lifeonvenus

I met a guy on an online game, and we have known each other for a couple of years now. He admits he is socially awkward and not the best with people at all. Despite chasing after him most of the time ive known him, he has just treated me like all the other people we played with.

That is until a couple of months ago, when he messaged me out of the blue and for some reason we started talking every day. I'm not sure what prompted it as like I said, he hardly paid me any attentiom before! We spoke every day for several weeks and then one day he just got short with me and wasnt very talkative for a couple of days. I admit I got a bit psycho at this point and told him that its fine if he doesnt want to talk but if we see each other around (because we sometimes play with the same group of friends) let's just not be awkward. My friend who I spoke to about this said that it made it seem like i didnt want to talk to him anymore.

Anyways, the point of this post is that I miss talking to him, even if he is very introverted and socially awkward. He hasnt reached out to me since we stopped talking, although I have reached out to him once and he seemed friendly enough. I know I'm totally reading too much into this but the guy has properly gotten into my head! Given he is terrible at social things I'm wondering if I should reach out to him again or whether that will just make me seem like a psycho.

I'm so confused

Stop chasing. Especially men that you haven't even met and aren't showing you attention. It's unattractive. He's not showing you any interest so move on. If you want to date and find a relationship, go out and meet people.

ExpatInItaly
Stop chasing. Especially men that you haven't even met and aren't showing you attention. It's unattractive. He's not showing you any interest so move on. If you want to date and find a relationship, go out and meet people.

Yes, I agree.

This isn't something that is likely to lead to a romance, OP. I would let him carry on his way and not worry so much about what a virtual stranger thinks of you.

Ask a new man out on a real date. In real life things are different.

You didn't know this guy... you only knew what he was willing to tell you about himself. For all you know he's a scammer - or married with ten kids....

• Author
Lifeonvenus

Thanks guys, i feel like I needed that slap to come back to reality. Sometimes its way too easy to get caught up in your own head!

I'veseenbetterlol

I agree! I have also been in your shoes, meeting a guy online and pretty much chasing him. We did meet up, but his half effort really hurt me. He ended up dumping me and I did a lot of chasing. I didn't end up w/him and it was super undignified to chase him. You don't know who he is, just let it go. I promise there'll be a slew of guys you get giddy for.

I met a guy on an online game, and we have known each other for a couple of years now. He admits he is socially awkward and not the best with people at all. Despite chasing after him most of the time ive known him, he has just treated me like all the other people we played with.

That is until a couple of months ago, when he messaged me out of the blue and for some reason we started talking every day. I'm not sure what prompted it as like I said, he hardly paid me any attentiom before! We spoke every day for several weeks and then one day he just got short with me and wasnt very talkative for a couple of days. I admit I got a bit psycho at this point and told him that its fine if he doesnt want to talk but if we see each other around (because we sometimes play with the same group of friends) let's just not be awkward. My friend who I spoke to about this said that it made it seem like i didnt want to talk to him anymore.

Anyways, the point of this post is that I miss talking to him, even if he is very introverted and socially awkward. He hasnt reached out to me since we stopped talking, although I have reached out to him once and he seemed friendly enough. I know I'm totally reading too much into this but the guy has properly gotten into my head! Given he is terrible at social things I'm wondering if I should reach out to him again or whether that will just make me seem like a psycho.

I'm so confused

Aww Online Game Love.. I never had that but anyway you never met him and he can't really talk to you in person. Did you ever talk live in the game? Or Skype, Whatapps etc? You sound young and so does he just have to wait it out just move on. Not much you can do in a game of love and fun.