LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

I'm tired of being tired of this.

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2018, 9:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwhoiam View Post
If you two broke up, why were you still keeping in touch?

Whose idea was it to get back together?

How often have you met up in the last 12 months? And how often after the first couple years when you where living in the same city?

Unfortunately, without such information I can't give you any advice.
I was still contacting him after we broke up. Eventually he responded...sometimes.

Hmm about a week or two after I stopped contacting him at all, he emailed me in respond to an old message that I sent him. We started back talking and both discussed getting back together. He was unsure about it though and told me that he wasn't sure if he could do a LDR without becoming distant with me. We went back and forth for awhile and he decided that he could commit to doing whatever was necessary to maintain our relationship.

We see each other every few weeks. We live four hours apart.
koncreterose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 9:21 AM   #17

Itís been a week and he hasnít responded back. Wow. Six years and Iím ghosted. Even if he contacts me again at this point, Iím letting it go. I feel so insanely disrespected. I ask for a phone call so we can discuss something thatís concerning me about our relationship and you donít even respond to me. Just wow. If Iím back in a few months talking about him again, please come through the computer and slap some sense into me lol
koncreterose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 9:51 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncreterose View Post
It’s been a week and he hasn’t responded back. Wow. Six years and I’m ghosted. Even if he contacts me again at this point, I’m letting it go. I feel so insanely disrespected. I ask for a phone call so we can discuss something that’s concerning me about our relationship and you don’t even respond to me. Just wow. If I’m back in a few months talking about him again, please come through the computer and slap some sense into me lol
Sorry you're going through this.

I can relate a little. My long distance gf often doesn't respond to me or return my calls. It really hurts. I feel disrespected, unappreciated, and unloved when we are apart. She says she is busy and I know it's true. But I am not asking for more than a few minutes. It's completely opposite when we are together. Never a better relationship- face to face.

When she did not take or return my Valentine's Day call then blamed me the next day for forgetting Valentine's Day I was so pissed off that I decided I was going to sleep with a woman who I knew was crushing on me. And that's exactly what I did. I had rabbit sex with that woman every night for 8 straight days before stopping my "affair". When my gf tried to call or message me during that period I didn't respond to her in a timely way either. I don't recommend this immature passive aggressive method of relating but it's what I did. Not proud of it but don't feel terribly guilty either. She was probably with some other dude on Valentine's Day anyway.

Last edited by Agonistes; 8th March 2018 at 10:01 AM..
Agonistes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 9:11 PM   #19
Established Member

^Sounds like something I'd do. It's weird..I'll wait a long time to try to get someone interested in me in the right way, but once they are and then they do something blatantly inconsiderate, I am capable of anything; plus on a practical note, I found other guys the best distraction when I was truly heartbroken, not necessarily sleeping with a gang of them, but hanging out in some capacity, reminding myself that I have options. Some people stew in their own juices. Mess with me, and I'll stew in someone else's.