LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

Found an old note from Ex and broke down crying

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2018, 9:31 PM   #1

Found an old note from Ex and broke down crying

I ended a LDR in the middle of 2017. I am a guy in the USA. She is a woman in Costa Rica. While I was the one who ended it, it was not easy because I was really crazy about her.

We continued to communicate on a friendly basis until late 2017. She was hoping I would change my mind. I didn't. Finally, near the end of 2017, she basically said goodbye as she was with someone new at that point.

Going through some old boxes I found an old note with a sweet message from her right after we had first met in early 2015. My heart immediately sank and I broke down crying.

Yes, I know. I made my bed, now I have to sleep in it (alone). I have no contact with her anymore. She "blocked" me on WhatsApp and Facebook. That is probably for the best....I need to MOVE ON.......
BluSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 9:47 PM   #2
Established Member

What I take from things like this are feelings are not forever (despite when they use those exact words).

After my last ex dumped me I shredded everything she ever wrote me...along with notes/cards from previous exes I found.

Should have burned it.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 9:42 AM   #3

^Thanks for the perspective.
BluSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 1:12 AM   #4
Established Member

What has changed? Unless you are ready to make a commitment (i.e. marriage) and one of you move where the other is, let her go. If you do feel you made a huge mistake and she is the one, life is short. Tell her how you feel.
MidnightBlue1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2018, 1:31 AM   #5
Established Member

Yeah ,similar situation and very long distance.
We split only in oct 17. there were issues as well as the someone moving thing butttt, well.
l've deleted and undeleted or stumbling over more stuff l missed dozens times, pain in the ass.

Your feelings must've been legit if it still effects you that way.
Can l ask why you ended it ?
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 2:43 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
My heart immediately sank and I broke down crying.
Well, that's good. You're not an even keel, that's the proof! It looks like she was the one who made you feel excited about things, and brought some spice into your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSpark View Post
I need to MOVE ON.......
So why didn't you move on? What did you do these past 8 months? No dating?
justwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 8:15 PM   #7

Don't even remind me, I have some notes I'm afraid of looking at. I should probably get rid of all reminders.
lovecanbeharsh is offline   Reply With Quote