LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Long-Distance Relationships

How to tell gf that travel plans got cancelled?

Long-Distance Relationships Coping with geographical distance can make or break a LDR. Share your experiences and questions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2017, 10:13 PM   #1

How to tell gf that travel plans got cancelled?

Me and my girlfriend have been planning to meet each other for the first time for a few months now. We met online through LoveMe, and weíve been going strong. The plan was that I would get to visit her in Russia for our anniversary. Iíve already booked tickets and made an itinerary for my week-long trip in her hometown. Just when everything seemed ready to go, some sort of problem happened and my trip got cancelled at the last minute.

I was offered another flight but it will be after the date of our anniversary. Iím in a tough situation right now and I still havenít told my girlfriend about what happened. Sheíll be really disappointed and whatís worse, she cleared up her schedules just for me.

When she will know about the change in plans, she has to reorganize her schedules all over again and our tour around the country will now become a mess. Everythingís completely jumbled and I feel awfully guilty to put my girlfriend through this.

She was really looking forward to celebrating together and I honestly donít know how to bring this up with her. How should I start the conversation and what should I do with my current schedule? Are there other ways where I can manage to stick to my original plan? I seriously need some help guys. The designated date is fast approaching and Iím at tight squeeze here! HELP!
adaptableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2017, 10:19 PM   #2
Established Member

Just tell her ASAP. No sense in not saying something, the sooner she knows, the better--and the sooner she can rearrange her schedule again. If she doubts you, you can always show her the communication from the airline and ask her about when a workable time to reschedule would be. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have just told her the moment you found out--it's not like it's your fault. Every day you wait, the more inconvenient it will become.

The only other suggestion I have is to look for flights on other airlines or let your girlfriend know and see if you can get a standby flight on the days leading up to the original departure time.
healing light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 5:35 AM   #3
Established Member

Damn , unfortunately l'm the expert in this one,l had to cancel flights and plans 3 times.
No easy way l'm afraid and it hit the fan , but you've gotta let her know exactly where it's all at asap.

Believe me the longer you leave it the more exited we all get and plan stuff and prepare stuff, and it becomes heart breaking if it falls through. you gotta tell her soon .
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 6:55 AM   #4
Established Member

You're over thinking. The only problem I see in any of this is that you're not comfortable enough with her to have been forthright when the problem arose.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2017, 9:01 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptableman View Post
Me and my girlfriend have been planning to meet each other for the first time for a few months now. We met online through LoveMe, and weíve been going strong. The plan was that I would get to visit her in Russia for our anniversary. Iíve already booked tickets and made an itinerary for my week-long trip in her hometown. Just when everything seemed ready to go, some sort of problem happened and my trip got cancelled at the last minute.
What does this mean? What happened?
Old 28th December 2017, 10:37 AM   #6
Established Member

Even if you don't want to tell us, you have to tell her what the problem is. It's also not like you aren't coming at all. You are coming on a different date. That should soften the blow.

Airlines cancel flights all the time.

You will have to be more understanding if she can't fully rearrange her schedule & now has to work or something.

Just tell her.

This is part of that AFA foreign women thing, isn't it. Get the agency to help you. I suspect she doesn't care when you get there, just that you show up, marry her & get her out of Russia. It could be you or anybody else. Her goal is a green card; if she has to fake true love to get it, so be it.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote