and out of the blue ...

What would your reaction be if, out of the blue, the one person you'd never expected to see again, is suddenly standing right in front of you ?

(you've maybe entertained the (pleasant) thought a time or two but ...)

Slowlydrifting

Definitely depends on the situation. I have only one person from my past that I would absolutely dread bumping into again. Others have been welcome reunions.

What would your reaction be if, out of the blue, the one person you'd never expected to see again, is suddenly standing right in front of you ?

A little good news goes along way. Happy for ya....:)

• Author

I ask this as a (mostly) hypothetical question because it seems anything resembling an act of Romance nowadays is all but non-existent, and that's just sad !

My role-model relationship was the one I witnessed between my Great Uncle and his wife, he was a military man, gone for long stretches at a time, but they mastered the LDR and had a relationship that was something to admire.

We all wonder why the divorce rate is so high these days ? Oh I dunno ? Could it be because most are unaware that even the best relationships require a little effort ??!! A little risk ? A romantic gesture once in awhile ?

I've recently decided that I'm going to pay a surprise visit to the only woman I've ever dated that I'd consider my 'soulmate'. Geographical distance (opposite sides of this country) is the Only thing that has kept us apart, that and a Lack-of-Effort/Romanticism (on my part)!

The look on her face will be worth the effort alone.

Life is just wayyyy too short to not make the most of !

End of rant !

In 2015 my ex wife did just that after 5 years of NC (no contact) she shows up at my door. I had forgot what the heck she looked like. I then realized it was the nightmare of my worst dream she shown up as expected. The first utter word from me was "WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!" She said she came to see the puppy (dog). Yeah right (really came to drive me insane again! LOL

I ask this as a (mostly) hypothetical question because it seems anything resembling an act of Romance nowadays is all but non-existent, and that's just sad !

My role-model relationship was the one I witnessed between my Great Uncle and his wife, he was a military man, gone for long stretches at a time, but they mastered the LDR and had a relationship that was something to admire.

We all wonder why the divorce rate is so high these days ? Oh I dunno ? Could it be because most are unaware that even the best relationships require a little effort ??!! A little risk ? A romantic gesture once in awhile ?

I've recently decided that I'm going to pay a surprise visit to the only woman I've ever dated that I'd consider my 'soulmate'. Geographical distance (opposite sides of this country) is the Only thing that has kept us apart, that and a Lack-of-Effort/Romanticism (on my part)!

The look on her face will be worth the effort alone.

Life is just wayyyy too short to not make the most of !

End of rant !

What about the look on her face of her husband or boyfriend? Unless you've been in touch with her, in which case, it shouldn't be much of a shock.

I've done this. Chased my ex-wife all over the country for years. I even married the woman TWICE lol.

The second marriage lasted 4 months before she began moving a man in and out of our home when I would go on work trips.

She left with him and filed for divorce. maybe I should have shown up at their doorstop with flowers again.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1