She forgot my birthday

Hi guys, I am 25 years old and I have crush on one particular girl since 2011. She studies abroad and in 4 years, we met 5-6 times during her summer break. She is coming home soon and we communicates regularly. I have a feeling she is beginning to falling in for me. Few days ago, on my birthday, I expected her to call me or text me but she completely forgot my birthday. I never forgot her birthday, I always delivered at least some flowers. It is not like I wanted birthday present I just wanted her to be first one to say HB. I was angry that she forgot. next day after some dude posted birthday greetings on my fb wall, she knew my birthday and called me. I talked with tone of anger and she sounded like apologetic. The question is that am I making big deal out of this or should I just forgot this girl?

whichwayisup
Hi guys, I am 25 years old and I have crush on one particular girl since 2011. She studies abroad and in 4 years, we met 5-6 times during her summer break. She is coming home soon and we communicates regularly. I have a feeling she is beginning to falling in for me. Few days ago, on my birthday, I expected her to call me or text me but she completely forgot my birthday. I never forgot her birthday, I always delivered at least some flowers. It is not like I wanted birthday present I just wanted her to be first one to say HB. I was angry that she forgot. next day after some dude posted birthday greetings on my fb wall, she knew my birthday and called me. I talked with tone of anger and she sounded like apologetic. The question is that am I making big deal out of this or should I just forgot this girl?

Forgive her. To hold a grudge, be so angry and consider cutting her out of your life just because she forgot? This is a huge overreaction on your behalf and maybe you need to lower your expectations. You two are not boyfriend/girlfriend or in a face to face relationship. She made a mistake and immediately called you when she realized she missed your birthday. She didn't do it on purpose.

Not all are great at remembering bday's!

• Like 1

You seriously spoke to her angrily after she called the day after your birthday to wish you happy birthday? Sorry, but that's something a 10 year old would do. If I were you I'd call her back immediately and apologize for being a little turd, and then focus on growing your emotions so that things like this don't shake you up so much. You're 25 years old, it's time to be an adult.

• Like 3

Should you forget about her?! Jesus man, you're not even in a relationship with her.. she's basically a decent friend, and it's okay that she forgot your birthday. you would've done well enough to let it pass like you didn't even notice her lack of presence/presents. But now she knows you act sort of like a toddler. But then again, she probably knows this already.

• Like 1

If you're turning five and your parents forget your birthday, maybe you can throw a fit. If you're turning 25 and someone forgets, you definitely shouldn't bother getting mad. It's a birthday which isn't a huge deal to some people. And the fact that she called the next day since she forgot was very nice of her. You acting angry about her forgetting was pretty childish.

• Like 1
  • Author

Any suggestions? I know I made stupid mistake. I said sorry to her for being angry and she is ignoring me. I don't want to ruin my relationship with her.

any suggestions? i know i made big mistake and i don't want it to ruin my relationship with her

Perhaps i'm the lone dissenter and don't want to be blunt, however......you've met 5 times in 5 years - is this really a "relationship"? And moreover, you seem much more attached to her than she is to you. I know birthdays are not just for kids however the fact she didn't remember and you send her gifts for her birthdays should speak volumes.

It doesn't matter if someone forgets your birthday and wishes you HB later.

My brother forgot my my birthday this year because he was totally wrapped up in working on a guitar he's in love with :)

People forget things all the time.

OP- its okay to feel that you were discounted. Its human to get that way on special occassions.

You learned a lesson about her. She sometimes forgets.

How can you work thru that is simple, next year simply share with her your special day is coming up. Nothing wrong with that. If she acknowledges it, all the better.

whichwayisup
Any suggestions? I know I made stupid mistake. I said sorry to her for being angry and she is ignoring me. I don't want to ruin my relationship with her.

Let her cool down and hopefully in a day or two she will get back to you. She is upset with your anger and big reaction of giving her crap for forgetting your bday.

vanhalenfan

Yes I think you're overreacting a bit. Some people don't make a big deal out of birthdays, as an adult especially. I am like that. I only care if a significant other or (very) close friends forgot, but even then...I don't really expect much. However, since she is a romantic prospect, it could speak volumes that she forgot...But it really depends on how she herself feels about birthdays in general.