Should I give up?

thestreetsofshame

I'm a girl and about 2 or so months ago, I met this guy online.

For about the first month, we talked a lot. It was already an instant connection. We've already pretty much expressed how we feel about each other. We have plans to meet in the summer. A few weeks ago he told me how he's been feeling depressed lately. Which I understood. We still talked pretty often though.

I've been going through some really major stuff, which he knows about. For the past 2 weeks he hasn't responded to me at all. I haven't messaged him daily or constantly. Just y'know saying hi and asking what's up.

I had his number, but I accidentally deleted all my contacts on my phone... so I can't call him or anything. But he is online, and he is daily. He's just not messaging me.

I haven't asked him straight-forward what's wrong and asking him why he's ignoring me. Should I?

Or should I just move on and forget about him?

Ask him. You've done nothing wrong, it seems, you deserve to know why he's changed his behaviour towards you. Just ask him directly why he hasn't been talking to you lately and if everything is okay. Then you'll go from there.

Let us know how it goes.

• Author
thestreetsofshame
Ask him. You've done nothing wrong, it seems, you deserve to know why he's changed his behaviour towards you. Just ask him directly why he hasn't been talking to you lately and if everything is okay. Then you'll go from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Okay! I will. I'm usually a very straight-forward person anyways, but not so much with my own feelings. Even if things don't work out, I'd still like to know his reasons for ignoring me y'know?

I'll let you know if anything happens :^)

I am sorry you are going through this but I would just move on. I bet dollars to donuts that he has lied about something, similar to a catfish situation. It's very common when you meet people online. Do you deserve more, yes, but there is no use embarrassing him by asking him. Just take his silence as proof that he was just engaging in a fantasy with you online that he can not deliver in real life.

Move on. Psychological problems aren't easily overcome, and I've learned that when people say that they're depressed they usually are.

Also him being on and not talking to you speaks pretty clearly. Why would you become his therapist? They're paid to put up with that kind of behavior. You're a prospective GF, that is not your role. There's nothing to be gained for you. Invest in something more substantial and local, if possible.

• Like 2
  • Author
thestreetsofshame

Well I did message him, and he hasn't responded.

I felt like I already had my answer before I sent him a message. It would be nice if people would be out-right and say "Hey, I met someone else." or something. I do have feelings for him, but I'm not gonna waste my time.

It sucks because we had a lot in common just as friends. There are Billions of other people in the world who will have just as much, if not more, in common with me. So I'm not broken up about things too much :)

Thank you all for responding =) Life goes on and so do I.

If he keeps silent, just move on. It won't do you any good and at least you cut things right at the start before it got any more serious.

Good luck.

• Like 1