Am I overreacting?

In a long distance "relationship" with someone who I met online in late January. We have seen each other three times in person, last time being this weekend. I am moving CLOSER to the area in two months from today. So, the distance will not be an issue soon.

We saw each other this past weekend and it was stressful for both of us because I was there for a work conference (staying in hotel) and he had family/religious obligations this weekend and an upcoming trip of his own. However, I made a SERIOUS effort to spend time with him, I took a day off from work to spend all of Friday with him, I made time to see him on Saturday during meeting, and made time and traveled to his parents place on Sunday to meet his friends/family at a party.

We were suppose to hang out with each other Sunday night after the party because we both know that it will be another two months before we get to see each other. By the time I left the party at 7 pm to go back to my conference, most if not everyone was gone at that point and getting ready to leave. I waited and waited and waited for him that night. He finally answers his phone around 1030pm and tells me that he is on his way to my hotel(30-40 min drive). I told him to go home because I need to go to bed and he has a flight the next day at 6am.

I was really upset and disappointed because I know that it won't be awhile until we see other again and we hardly spent time together this weekend and it just felt like he didn't make any effort to see me. I have made this guy a priority in my very very busy life....I don't think the effort is reciprocated at all. I was so upset with him that I ended things between us. I don't know if I am overreacting.

Am i overreacting?

Did he tell you what he had been doing all Sunday evening when he wasn't answering his phone?

Hard to tell if you are overreacting or not, but it sounds like you are putting more into this relationship than he is.

Has he come to you at all and is there a reason he can't visit you in the next two months before you move? Also, to move to be near someone after only four months is pretty quick - are you prepared to make this move and NOT have the relationship work out?

• Author

Thanks for the replies....I appreciate seeing things through different perspectives....

To clarify...I was ALWAYS moving to that area for my work and I have known about this move since 2010. I am not moving there for him. I met him on an online dating website when I was "checking out" the goods in new city.

To clarify...no we did not have a specific time set up to meet up on Sunday night but I figured that it wouldn't be THAT late considering that I had a full day the next day, he knew how exhausted I was by that evening and he had a flight leaving at 6 am the next morning with long drive to get to airport.

• Author

He has come visit me once (last month). And even at that time...I felt like he wasn't super excited to see me. We will not see each other again until June because I have a HUGE board exam to take in June.