I'm freaking out?

LaLaLexixo

Hi. So I live on the Eastern coast of the United States, and I leave on a flight to London in a week and a half (which I'm very excited about). But I'm nervous at the same time. I will be 20 years young in 2 months and my parents are really concerned about me going a foreign country by myself. My dad is really judgmental so he doesn't know that I'm meeting up with a few people that I've known for at least a year and met through online gaming. One of them is coming to pick me up from the airport. I've known him for a year, but we recently "got together" in a relationship about 2-3 months ago. and I have a hotel booked for a few nights before the two of us go up and see another person that we both met through the game we all play together. Do you see where I'm getting with this?

I don't mind meeting people in public places, but I only booked 1 hotel room, for me and the guy that I'm with. (They are both guys). Seeing as I've never met this person, I'm a bit scared and edgy about being the same hotel with this guy the first day I ever meet him, just because my parents have always warned me about online predators and stuff so I'm a bit paranoid. but we skype call every day, and we have each other added on facebook, pictures on all of the social medias, been on webcam before, etc. I know that my dad is only looking out for me but I wish he would let up a bit. The place I live is on my facebook and everything, same to him, so he already knows where I live and could easily come predate me if he was one of those guys..I don't know. I'm just confused and I'm afraid that he won't like me that it's going to go all wrong :( aaaahh. Help mee with opinions, stories, etc? Thank you lovelys! xxxxxxxxxxx

• Author
LaLaLexixo

I was originally flying over just for a holiday, then decided to meet up. I'm older than him and have a job, he doesn't so ^^ and I only booked one room because I didn't plan on him coming to get me. D:

• Author
LaLaLexixo

yeah, flying by myself. I guess I could always just see what it's like when we first meet, and it doesn't kick off, I'll book a second room and just explain that I don't feel comfortable with him being in the same room lol. I don't want to die or get murdered or anything, because things like this are really scary.

• Author
LaLaLexixo

nobody threw hands up to go with me. and I'm very introverted and shy so I don't have many friends to begin with :o