Guy Ignoring me yet again

averyconfusedgal

THIS IS A SOMEWHAT LONG STORY.

8 years ago I was dating this guy. we met online and hit it off right away. At first we were inseparable we talked all the time every day and we both fell for each other fast. Fast forward, we spend time together its great , better than expected.

I return home and we continue to chat. After a while ,when I go online and I see him he signs off. I text his phone and or call him and he doesn't reply. This behavior goes on for a long time.When he does pick up the phone he tells me to F*** Off or sends me that in an email. In the end I find out through the grapevine that he has a new gf right after me actually really soon after me and then has a kid with her.They even get engaged yet they never marry.

I am destroyed ,upset so hurt. Time goes by 8 years to be exact never really having any closure. I do move on with my life and date etc. There is a part of me that always thought of him and still wanted him to be the one , now he is the one that got away.

I am hurt when I see that he has blocked any form of communication with me, I did nothing he just cut me off cold turkey with no reason.

time goes by I send him an email once in a while to wish him well or happy holidays etc. I never hear back from him. he is always in the back of my mind. I adored him and he hurt me so badly. but there is a part of me that still longs for him.

fast forward I log onto messenger after a long time of talking to anyone on IM and lo and behold I see he is online. I don't do anything at all but soon he msgs me and says "Hey,I was hoping to catch u on here someday I'm glad I did" He apologizes to me about hurting me and that he wants to make it up to me and how he is so sorry and that he feels that we should get together again.

He also says thanks for all your emails although I didn't respond I read them all and actually looked forward to reading them. ( I am confused) I am happy to hear from him and even though the hurt is still there I was happy. we talk for a while a month or so and make plans to spend time together .

I am hopeful thinking, oh wow I have a second chance with the guy I have always wanted. we talk one day actually having a conversation through text, then all of a sudden no reply. I text him he doesn't reply out of nowhere again he disappears, I have texted him and sent him one email and its been 2wks and still no reply.

now im thinking that his apology wasn't sincere .Could he have been playing mind games with me. did he want to hurt me a little more I don't understand guys sometime. Why would he msg me after 8 years and apologize and start talking to me just to do the same thing and ignore me again. maybe he found someone again im unsure and so confused. Can anyone give me some input please.

I moved on with my life and always hoped and longed to hear from him and now that I did and that he is presently ignoring me again I am all sad again and feel like its history repeating itself.

Sounds like he has no idea what he wants and also seems you would be better off blocking him off. He probably did feel bad for the way he treated you perhaps a guilty conscious knowing what he had done. But seems his behaviour is still the same, ha ha I am speaking from experience I have been in a similar situation and it does take time to close the door on someone who you had feelings for, rest assured you are not alone.

TMichaels

Quit trying to convince yourself (and others) that you moved on with your life. You didn't.

This guy treated you like dirt and you've continued to hold a torch for him for eight years in spite of it all.

Ever heard this classic Albert Einstein observation?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Or, seen the tagline of FitChick, a frequent LS poster?

"Nothing changes unless you do."

Both might be apt foods for thought.

Best,

TMichaels

• Like 1
you should have learnt the first time. Hes an idiot. move on. You have low self-esteem? i think you need to work on your issues here

I wouldn't go so far, as to say she has a problem. But he is definitely an idiot.

ExpatInItaly

This guy is bad news. He was terrible to you once before, and now you're hoping for a second chance....at what? More pain?

Please, for your own well-being, stay away from him. He doesn't respect you or care that much for you. He doesn't share your feelings, or he would never have treated you this way. It hurts, but he's shown you his true colours. Do you want a guy who doesn't want you?