A new long distance interest!!

So I am happy to say that after my ridiculous LDR ended, I have finally started to move on and put myself out there, and I may have landed into another LDR :love::love::love: (when I said I would never do it again, but I just can't resist those European boys). He's from the same country as my ex and is in an academic field similar to mine so we have a lot to talk about and we talk all the time, he is very sweet :)

It's waaaaayyyy too soon to call it a relationship or anything right now for that matter. I'd say we are pen pals, in a long distance friendship where we're both interested in each other romantically (we met through a dating site). He is also a veteran to LDRs and is skeptical about them like me, so I think we both want to take this slow and really focus on communication and the big picture (i.e. will it ever be feasible to close the distance, and if not, should we quit at it right now) if we decide we want to make this a relationship.

That trip to Europe I talked about in my last thread, the one I was sad about because I wouldn't see my ex? Well the trip is now official (I just need to buy all of the tickets and rent a flat...and it's sooo expensive...grrr), I told him about it and he's going to try coming down to meet me while I am there :) He's super excited about that! (As am I)!

My last relationship was a learning experience and eye opener, even if it was excrutiatingly painful at times. My plan of action is to continue focusing on school and stuff and talk to him when I can, keeping him informed of my trip to France and letting him decide if he wants to come down and meet me. Depending on how the visit goes, we can then discuss if we'd want to see each other again in the future. And from there, if we want to do an LDR. No pressure or quick decisions and while I have a "plan" here, the real plan is just to let nature take its course and not worry as much as I normally would. Although if this does end up evolving into something, I think it would be best for both of us to discuss how we'd close the distance sooner rather than later. Is that at least reasonable?

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me get through my last bit of drama, looks like you're not rid of me yet on this forum! :bunny::bunny:

• Like 2